Friday, December 21, 2012

Big Update

Dear Maizy,

You are so hilarious!  You are really starting to say more and more funny things.

Like the other night you and I were in the kitchen.  You were doing something at the table, I was doing dishes and then out of no where you said "Mom, calm down.  Calm down mom!"  I laughed so hard.  First of all, I am not really sure where you got that from and second, I wasn't even freaking out or anything. Ha ha ha!

Then a few nights after that we were in the kitchen.  I was at the table and you were playing in the drawers.  You were trying to close a drawer but stuff was in your way, so as your trying to shove it closed you say "Gosh dangit!!"  Ha ha ha!  Ok I do know where you got that one from.  Me. 

One night while you and I were at Wal-mart I bought these little plastered animals - you picked the animals over the princess and castle - and some paints.  You saw those things sitting in the laundry room for about a week and we finally found the right time to paint them.  Watching you pain those animals was the cutest thing EVER! You were so meticulous and used all the colors. I loved sharing this moment with you.  We actually ended up spending a couple evenings painting since there were about 6 animals to paint. You LOVE doing crafty things, helping mommy and daddy and just keeping busy.  You make every day such an adventure. 





Then one night while daddy was working I decided to grab our little Christmas tree and finally put it up.  You were only interested in it for a few minutes.  I didn't have any ornaments since they were packed away - not sure where - but  I bought these cute little tags that I decided we could use as "ornaments".  They were little gingerbread men and then I tied some string through them to hang up.  I gave you 3 to go put on the tree while I stringed the rest.  I decided to come check out the ones you did hang up and I was SOOOOO impressed.  You were so methodical.  You got your cute little Dora chair to hang up one near the top, one in the middle and one near the bottom, sooooo very cute!!


I told you to pose by the tree and this is what I got!  Love it! 

We have been having so much getting ready for Christmas.  Not that we have done a whole lot shopping or wrapping wise but we have been watching the Christmas specials on t.v., talking about Santa Claus coming to our house and I've tried asking you what you want Santa to bring you and you just say toys.  

I just know you are going to love what Santa is going to bring you this year! I think we are more excited about it than you are.  

Anyway, you love being ticked and tickling back.  The other day dad and I teamed up and was tickling you.  You were saying "tickle me, tickle me" so that leaves us no choice.  Then you said, "I want to tickle her."  Then you started tickling me! Ha ha ha!!

As of late you start all your sentences with "you know what", it's the most adorable thing, even if it doesn't pertain to what you are about to say. 

12/9/12
12/19/12


I am really excited for Christmas this year.  We are going to have a blast!! This weekend we are just going to clean the house, shop and get ready for Christmas.  Monday is Christmas Eve, and I have the day off, so that will be nice to spend the day together then that night we have our annual Christmas Eve party at Grandpa Frank's house.  Then Christmas morning we are waking up, going to Grandma Annette's for breakfast and will hang out there for a while, then we we will go up to Grandma Donker's to celebrate Christmas and meet up with Grandma Shelly and Grandpa Glen.  We are going to have a fun filled day for sure.  Then when we get home we will open the gifts from us and Santa.  I have Wednesday off work too, so that we can spend time together playing with your toys! YAY!!

I love you more than you will ever know.  I am so thankful for your sweet, kind, loving, compassionate little self.  You are such a special girl.  I love and cherish you more each day just when I think it won't be possible. 

Merry Christmas Sweetie!

I love you!!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment