Monday, February 28, 2011

Growing TOO Fast!!

Dear Maizy,



I have SO much to write about!  I feel behind in my blogging.  So, on Friday February 18th at 9 a.m. was your 6 month check-up with Dr. Palmieri (your pediatrician).  We woke up, got you dressed all cute for the doctor's visit and went on our way.  You were in a great mood and I was in an even better one - I took the day off work!! YAY!!! So that I could be part of the event and not have to rush to work after. We got to the doctor's, checked in and had to take your cute outfit off to go weigh you.  The nurse of course commented on how cute and happy you were.  We weighed you and you weighed in at 13 pounds and 8.8 ounces and 24 inches long!!!  You are growing SO big and fast. 





Then the doctor came in to talk to us.  She said that although you are small for your age, you are very proportional, healthy and right on track with your development.  She commented on how adorable and happy you are.  She said "I wish you guys could stay and play all day, but today is my busiest day yet. I  am seeing 29 children today, a record since a doctor called in, but most of the children are sick, so it's good you're here first. Just hurry and get out of here so you don't get sick."





She gave me props for still breast feeding you and said that is why you have never been sick.  She also said to your dad and I, "this has been a real enjoyable baby for you, hasn't she!?!"  That to me was a HUGE compliment, not only do I admire and adore your doctor, but for her to notice and comment on that I was completely flattered.

Your doctor listened to your heartbeat and watched you move around and said you were perfect!  Then we had to get your vaccines, so we walked over to get your shots, it's the same cute girl that does it every time.  I can never watch!  I just want to cry for you. You got three shots, 2 in the left and one in the right.  SAD!!!!






We left there and headed down to the health clinic to get your flu shot since the doctor's office was out and Dr. Palmieri highly recommended that you get one. We got there and  the 90 year old nurse called our name for our turn.  I should have requested another nurse since this one was SO old and was shaking - making your father and I very nervous!  She got the needle out and I saw the size of that thing and turned my head!! Since my head was turned I didn't see her poke you TWICE!!!! Ouch!! She missed the first time and had to poke your little chubber leg again.  I bet your dad would have slapped her silly if he could have.  When your dad told me what happened I was SO sad for you. Sorry baby girl!  Now I know to go with my first instinct and request another nurse!!



Then we left the clinic and went to Britton's for breakfast.  You fell asleep on the way to the restaurant.  We were quite worried you wouldn't be feeling so good when you woke up.  Holy Cow!!  We couldn't have been more wrong!!  You were in a SUPER happy mood and was jumping about and showing off for the patrons of the restaurant.  Even grown men were making googily eyes and talking baby talk to you - you have this affect on people.  I love that people compliment on your cuteness and that you share and spread your contagious happiness everywhere you go, but I must say that it's hard to enjoy our meals sometimes when people hover over our table to get closer to you and ask a million questions about you, it's pretty funny!!  I can only relate it to a famous person and the paparazzi.  You Grandma Shelly and I joke that if someone really follows through and kidnaps you (people joke about it all the time) I would have no idea where to look first!  The crazy lady at Wal-Mart, the server at Britton's, my co-workers wife, family members, and the list just keeps on growing!! Ha ha ha!!



We had a great day together!!  At one point you did feel a little warm, a side effect from the shots, so we gave you some Tylenol and you took a nap then we played the rest of the day!!  You didn't seem too affected by the shots.  I loved taking the day off to be with you!! It was a fantastic day!

You just amaze me with your kindred spirit, beautiful smile and big, beautiful, curious eyes that are discovering this crazy world!!  I love you more than anything. I can't believe I had to wait 29 years to meet you! 

Love you!!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment