Monday, February 7, 2011

You did it again!!



Dear Maizy,


You did it again!  You gave me a WONDERFUL weekend!  I just love you SO much and love watching you learn new things. Friday night after work I got home and was SO excited to be home and know that we got to spend all weekend together.  Friday we got you dressed all warm and cute in your little pink bear jumper.  You look SO adorable in it.  We went to Aroma in Draper for dinner.  When we got seated there was a little girl at the table next to us.  She turned around and just stared your dad and I down the whole time.  She would not smile, it was kind of hilarious.  She was a pretty cute little girl, she had nothing on you of course.  Then we got you out of your car seat once you started fussing and Oh My Heck!!  When that little girl saw you her little face lit up and she started smiling!!  She was really happy to see another baby!  You were cute with her.  You kept smiling and you two did a stare down, it was really entertaining to watch you two interact.  Maizy, you are SO beautiful and have this really contagious smile.  Everyone we come in contact with comments on what a doll you are.


After dinner you fell asleep on our way to Grandpa Frank's so your father and I went hot tubbing!  We hot tubbed for about 15 minutes - Oh it felt SO nice!!  Then you woke up.  I told your dad to stay in the hot tub and enjoy while I fed you - not much he can do to help in that whole process.  I was super sleepy and relaxed.  We hung out there for another 1/2 hour or so, then we went home and we all slept well.


Oh! Friday afternoon Grandma Shelly went and got your crib off layaway and delivered it.  We may wait to set it up until we move!  But you will have a "big girl" bed to sleep in. Currently you sleep with me every night.


Saturday morning we kind of slept in and bummed around for a while.  Then your dad decided to take a nap and you and I didn't want to sleep, so I got you dressed all cute and warm and out we went.  I put you in your Baby Bjorn (the thing I wear across my chest and you sit in)  and we went to Sweeth Tooth Fairy Bake Shop.  I got a cupcake and a soda - it's our secret, but I did give you a taste of my cupcake!  I love that Baby Bjorn, it's so fun to carry you around that way and I love having you so close to me!!  Then I put you in the car and you fell asleep, so I drove around for a while and looked at houses and places to rent. 




You woke up and we went to Village Inn to visit Aunt Brittany at work.  All of her co-workers just adore you.  They all came over and said hi and talked to you for a bit, it was really adorable!  You were in a great mood since you had just taken a nap and were super smiley.  We were there for at least an hour.  You are into EVERYTHING now and you are so FAST with those little hands of yours!  You try and grab everything!  It cracks me up!!  I just enjoy being with you every minute I can. 


Then we went home and hung out with daddy.  We just bummed around and got take out from Panda Express.  We watched a movie and went to bed.  Overall, it was a great day!


Sunday we woke up and you and I showered together for the first time.  You and I usually take baths but your dad suggest I shower with you like he does.  I just get nervous thinking about holding you in the shower because I'd worry that I'd drop you.  Well I tried it anyway and you are so relaxed and enjoy the shower that you don't squirm at all.  I really enjoyed showering with you! You like the water and the way it kind of tickles your head and belly - super cute!!!   Then we got dressed and dropped you off at Grandma Annette's while your dad and I joined Patrick and Grandpa Frank at Club 90 to watch the Super Bowl.  We missed you like crazy and I kept talking about you.  Your dad called to check on you and was told that you cry a lot!  This made us feel bad that you weren't happy. We have just come to the conclusion that me and your dad rock and you would rather be with us than anyone else - completely understandable!!  The feeling is mutual babe!


This weekend you had a little hoarse voice and ran a little warm so we gave you some Tylenol on Saturday and you slept for quite a while, but after that you seemed much better.  You are discovering your voice more and more.  You talk and laugh a lot more!!  You are continuing to learn how to crawl but you go backwards but you've got the concept down.  You are starting to eat some solid foods everyday. You had bananas and sweet potatoes this weekend!  You are fun to feed and watch eat!

Love you!!

Thanks again!

Love,
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment