Thursday, December 15, 2011

Hey Girl!

Dear Maizy,

It's been a while since I've written, but truly know I think about it everyday!! These are the thougths that come across my mind.  What should I write? Oh I should write this? Don't forget to write this down!

Well where do I begin!?!  I will start by telling you that you are growing WAY too fast!  I see pictures of babies and it's hard for me to remember you being that small, but you were.  You were only 5 pounds when I brought you home.  I still thank God for giving and trusting me with such a beautiful, precious gift and that's what you are - a gift.  You are a gift from God to your father and I.  You have blessed our lives with so much.

The other day I was maybe in a morbid mood of sorts, but I was watching you as you were sleeping next to me and it hit me like a ton of bricks.  I would die for you!  I can't think of anyone or anything else in the world I would do that for, but you.  I would do anything for you.  I am sure and don't want to think that I'd ever have to make that decision but if so, know I got your back. ; )

I can't believe what a big girl you are becoming.  You are very independent and are continuing to be each day.  Here is all the stuff that you are up to:

  • You feed yourself and usually won't have it any other way.
  • You refuse to lie still while I change your diaper.
  • You like to eat your Desitin (diaper cream) out of the tube. Eeewwwww! I do hide it and put it out of reach but somehow you still manage to get it sometimes. 
  • You LOVE books!  You have been chucking them at me to read to you. You don't have to go to that extent as I enjoy it, but you sure know how to get my attention.
  • You say 20+ words and are saying new words each day.
  • You try to dress yourself - I would like to add that it's quite entertaining to watch.
  • You enjoy playing with your baby dolls - SO cute!
  • You and your dad wrestle and play tough - you LOVE it!!  Dads are good at this!
  • You brush your teeth pretty dang good all by yourself.
  • You brush your hair and others - you tried to brush your dad's friend's hair the other day!! Ha ha ha!  He does have rather long, blonde hair.
  • You are starting to get more cuddly!!  I LOVE it!  You won't kiss me, but you will give me hugs.  Hey, I'll take what I can get.
  • You LOVE Grandma Shelly and your Grandma Donker.  When they are around - I'm chopped liver.  I don't take offense.
  • Your sleep pattern has been super crazy lately!!  Someone told me that it could be a growth spurt that's causing this :(
  • You weigh 20 pounds!!!! You are 4 times your birth weight!!! AAAAHHHHHHH!
  • You clingy sometimes and I really like it.
  • You LOVE other kids.  When we see them out and about you just stand there, point and smile at them and say "baby!" It's super cute!!
  • You are so funny, beautiful and perfect.  
Thanks for being an amazing little 16 month old!!  16 months!?!  Can you believe it!?!





Love you tonz and tonz!!

Love,
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment