Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Jungle This!

Dear Maizy,

When your father was working out of town, I was super sick (pregnancy) and you continued to think sleep was optional we had conquered some rough nights and mornings that lead to even rougher days.  I was at a loss on what to do.  I mean you are 2!  Which means you are totally irrational, emotional and well, 2.  Then you add a overly tired, pregnant, single mom (since dad was out of town) to the equation and we were quite the pair.

Anyway,  Grandma Shelly had a brilliant idea,  it was Tuesday February 5th and we were taking you to Jungle Jim's to let you go run around and work off your energy, so that you would go to sleep that night.  I thought this was a fantastic plan!! So after work  I picked you up at Grandma Donker's, went to Target to buy you shoes (since someone didn't pack you any - Grandma Shelly), in the meantime Grandma Shelly was at the mall buying you a new coat because she failed to pack one of those too.  We finally arrived to Jungle Jim's about 6:30pm and you were ecstatic.  You were grinning from ear to ear and so was I because I love seeing you super happy and I knew, just knew we had a great night of rest ahead of us!

You went on all the rides that you could - you weren't tall enough for the roller coaster but that's ok because that thing looks like it goes super fast.

You were laughing and giddy, it was the most adorable thing EVER!!!


There was this cute and happy girl running around, so I asked if you two could ride together because I thought that looked like more fun.  I think you liked it too!




 I think the safari jeeps were your favorite since you rode on this ride the most.  I loved and still do love driving rides/games, so I get it.  You are so dang cute babe!!





Babe you were by far the most adorable child in that place.  You are just so full of life and personality and that makes your beauty radiate even more!!  I am one blessed mama!  I know Grandma felt and feels the same way.  




The place reeked and one area even smelled of pee, there were crazy kids and parents everywhere but you were having a good time and therefore I was too!  I LOVE watching you smile and laugh.  Well we stayed there until about 8ish then Grandma went home and we stopped at Arctic Circle to get some dinner.  You were asleep in your car seat by the time we got there.  We got home and I had to wake you up to change and feed you, so we ate our dinner and watched some cartoons and then it was bedtime.  Um, yeah you showed no signs of slowing down.  We were up until 2 AM!!!  Our glorious plan backfired.  UGH!!

Regardless we had a great night.  I try to take these late nights for what they are - time we get to spend together but around 1am I usually start to get a little annoyed.  

I can sympathize with you though.  When I was younger, not as young as you, but when I was like 12ish I would stay up WAY late and redecorate my room, paint, draw, write, watch movies, listen to music and anything else I could think of to just not sleep!  My dad worked nights and my mom was a deep, deep sleeper.  I think we just feel like we are going to miss something.  Well we are SLEEP!!! 

I thought you were just going through a phase but this seems longer than just a phase. 

Well regardless we had a fantastic night and I think we will go back there often - I hope.

I love you my sweet, happy girl!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment