Monday, January 24, 2011

Oh Sassy Girl!!



Dear Maizy,

You have grown and changed so much this last week.  You are awake more and more during the day and I LOVE it!!  That means more play time with you and more time to watch your big beautiful eyes light up!!

We had a great weekend! Friday we went out to dinner at Cafe Trang and you caught the waitress and other patron's attention right from the get-go!  You were in a really good mood, so you were looking around and blabbin' up a storm!  The gentleman next to us turned around with a smile and said, "she sure has a lot to say."  And oh my heck did you!?!?  The waitress couldn't get over how small and alert you were.  You didn't want to sit in your car seat, of course, so we turned the high chair around (dad's idea) and put you in there with my purse behind you (my idea) to support your back.  You were having a great time playing with a spoon and your rattle while we ate.



Then we went to Golden Spoon after dinner and got me a frozen yogurt.  The wind was blowing SO bad when we got out of there it blew my yogurt over and it landed in my hand!! Ha ha ha!! It was ok luckily, so I still ate it!  You were pretty tired at this time and you were getting kind of loopy and it was making your dad and I laugh SO hard. 

Saturday we slept in a bit then got ready for our supposed Girls Day with Grandma Shelly!!  You and I took a bath. I  dressed all cute.  Grandma Shelly came over to pick us up.  She had a box that was delivered to her house from cousins Karen and Tom and Oh My Heck Maizy!! The box was full of darling clothes, p.j.'s and socks for you!!!!  They spoiled you AGAIN - like always!!



Then you, me and Grandma Shelly headed up to Grandma and Grandpa Donker's for lunch.  We picked up sandwiches on the way.  We just ate, talked and watched you play and talk, it was the highlight of my day being with you!!  You crack me up!  It's interesting being around two Grandma's at the same time -  they both take you and pass you between the two of them.  Then they hand you back to me when you start crying!!!  Ha ha ha!  I don't mind.  I know I have to share you with others!!!  We were there ALL day!!!  So that was the extent of our Girl's Day when I was planning on doing some shopping too!!

We finally got out of Grandma's and went to Chin Wah for dinner where Patrick was working that evening.  You were in a great mood just talking away and playing while we ate.  After dinner we headed to Village Inn for pie and coffee to see Aunt Brittany.  When we walked in the door to the restaurant we got bombarded by a woman, a little girl, two teenage girls and staff of the restaurant just saying how cute you are!! They were talking to you, grabbing your little fingers and admiring your darlingness.  You had this adorable hat on and was just smiling up a storm!!
I felt bad though because it was 10 p.m. and you were starting to get tired, you hardly slept all day!!



We finally made it home! Dad missed us like crazy!!! We all cuddled and went to bed.

Sunday we woke up and you and your dad went to Grandma Annette's while I went to my friend Tresa's to get my hair dyed. I  heard you had a blast at G-ma's and played in the swing and loved it!  You are such a fun, sweet, funny, happy baby!!  I am so proud of you and SOOOOOO thankful for you!!

You are AMAZING to me!!!


 Thank you for the wonderful weekend!!!

Well here it is Monday and I am away from you.  Mondays make me sad!  Your dad and I talked today and he said you tried Sweet Potatoes today for the first time and was going to town on them!!!  I am glad.  He recorded it for me to watch when I get home. Then he called me a few hours later and told me about how you were cracking him up!!! You were eating again and the sweet potatoes were going everywhere!!! You were eating and decided to blow bubbles at the same time - getting it all over dad and you!!! He said it was really cute and funny. You are a messy little eater!! 

Thanks for being so beautiful and sweet. I love you!! I am having the best time of my life!

Thank you!

Love you!!

Love,
mom

p.s. The pics are from an After Work photo shoot on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment