Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Maizy the Explorer

Dear Maizy,

You are so fun and hilarious.  You say "Hi!" in the cutest little voice when either you enter the room or someone else does and it cracks us up every time.  We are definitely going to get that on video.  Here is all the stuff that you have been up to.  Well, the stuff I can remember since each day you are always doing something new.

You discovered and explored the gap in the staircase banister.  Scary!!!



You LOVE being outside.  Even if it's rainy, windy and cold.  You don't care!  And I LOVE that about you!  I adore this picture because it's so you right now, fancy free, lovin' life without a care in the world!!  I think about this picture often.


You already show a ton of compassion for people and are sensitive to people's feelings.  If you see a character on t.v. crying you say "Aaaaawwwww!" and cover your mouth.  Same thing goes if you see a character in book sad or crying, it's super cute and melts my heart.  You do it at the grocery store too if you hear or see a sad child.

You say "Strong!" and flex your muscles.  I taught you that one and am very proud of it.  You really are very strong and rarely cry if you get hurt. I admire you for that as I am huge baby when it comes to pain of any kind!!

You say ALL the animals, can pint them out and make "their" sounds.  Who knew that giraffes roared!?!?!  I love it!!

When we read books you can point out the sun, clouds, trees, flowers, bees, butterflies and animals. 

You laugh at things that are funny!  You already have an amazing sense of humor.  You get that from me!!  Just teasin' your dad is also very funny.

You like to dress yourself but still need assistance.

You LOVE putting coins in your piggy bank!  I bet you have close to $200 in that thing by now.



You LOVE putting on sunglasses and walking around being your cool self!


You are getting quite good at falling asleep during lunch time.



At least if you decide to live outside you 'll be comfortable and stylish in this chaise lounge Grandma Shelly got for you.


I don't want to wish any of out time away or rush because I know summer will be here soon enough and it's going to be GREAT!!!  We have many long days/nights ahead of us to spend outside bbqing, playing, exploring, hiking, throwing rocks, playing in the water, looking at the stars and cuddling.  We also have your birthday (2!!  Can you believe you'll be 2!?!  I can't), family reunion and camping trips to look forward to!  It's all going to be so memorable and fun!!

I want you to always be happy and do what you enjoy doing most.  I hope you always have a love for the outdoors!!  There is so much to do and explore.  As a child my friends and I built huts/forts, rode and raced our bikes, played in the water, played hide and seek, drew masterpieces with our side walk chalk, took long walks, rolled down hills, would go to the park and swing as high as we could, played tag and had to be forced to go in at sun down. Those were the best times of my life and I want the same for you.  I want to do all those things all over again.  I miss them!  I hope we can do them together. 

Anyway, thanks for being such a lover of life and adventure.  I can see it in your eyes.  I want you to always be happy!!  I will do my best to make that possible. 
I can't get enough of you!  Last night when I got home (Mondays are the hardest) we were stuck like glue!!!  You wouldn't let me put you down, we ate dinner side by side, read about 5 different books and then the same ones over and over again, you took a bath, we put money in your piggy bank, we read more books, we cuddled and watched a movie, then it was bed time - the saddest part of our day for sure, but then again it reminds me that another day is just around the corner and that makes it ok.

You are home with dad today and I know you two are going to have a terrific, fun filled day together!  He makes sure of that.  Daddy loves you tonz and tonz!!

Love you!!

Love,
mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment