Friday, March 16, 2012

Whew! Life is GREAT!!

Dear Maizy,

So I am happy to report that mama is ok and is going to be here with you for a very, very long time.  Whew!  I will admit it was a stressful and emotional last couple of weeks, but all is well as it should be.

Let me get you updated.  Last Saturday morning we woke up,  it was such a beautiful and warm day.  We decided to go out to breakfast at a new little restaurant we found, Alice's. We were actually quite surprised.  The building and location are interesting but the food was delish!!  You enjoyed it too!!  Especially when you found their stash of coloring books and crayons. 

After our breakfast we went to the park.  You couldn't get out of the car fast enough.  You knew just what to do.  You went down the slides like a champ - you even went down one backwards and on your tummy, then you walked and jumped on the bridge and had mommy and daddy push you in the swings!  You were SOOOOO happy and in your element.  You can't get enough of being outside I tell ya. I was perma-grin just watching you run around and play with absolutely no fear.  You would yell "come, come"  so we just followed you around.  You also got a kick out of playing in the sand. You don't mind getting dirty that's for sure!  Well we had to go home eventually, you were sad of course, but we went home and hung out in the backyard for a few and we eventually had to go inside since we had things we needed to get done.  The only way to get you in the house was I mentioned "tub time" and in you went - straight to the tub.

We had a great rest of the day.  Then around midnight I went and picked up Aunt Brittany at the airport and she slept over.  When you woke up you two were quite happy to see each other!!!  Then we all went to breakfast again at Alice's, it's 2 for 2, so I think we found a new local favorite.  At breakfast you were standing in your chair and your boot got stuck and you fell over.  I felt so bad!  You cried for a second and I said "oh shoot!"  Then you walked around saying "oh shoot!" it was freaking adorable and cracked Aunt Brittany up.  It ended up being the phrase of the day just so we could hear you say it!

Then after breakfast us girls went up to Grandma Shelly's.  We played outside for a bit and you drove your Dora ATV out on the lawn.  You were having a blast! Then we went inside and ate munchies. You definitely needed a bath after eating mac n cheese, watermelon, popsicles and cheetos, so Grandma gave you a bath then blow dried your cute hair!




Then we watched you play some more.  It was a great day!  But it went by way too fast!!

We got home and you took a nap then Britt and I just relaxed.  Dad went with a few friends to go play poker.  He took 2nd Place!  Not bad, not bad!! After you woke up from your nap and dad got home I took Aunt Brittany home to Grandpa Franks'.  We had a fun day babe I was sad to see it end.

Oh but right before bed you decided to jump off the couch and you hurt your poor little ankle/foot.  You didn't break or sprain it but I know it hurt!  You would limp and whimper when you walked on it. 

Monday morning came way too soon!!  We had to wake up early - bummer!! Luckily, your foot was feeling much better but still a little sore but by lunch time it wasn't even a bother.  Anyway, I dropped you off at Grandma Donker's house.  You love Grandma D's house and my mind is at ease when you are there.  You get 5 star treatment girl!

Monday I received some terrific news from my doctor - I was SO overjoyed.  I headed to Grandma's to pick you up and that's when it hit me that life is so precious and wonderful.  I am a very lucky person that has many, many "things" to be thankful for.  Life is grand!  We have a kind and loving God who wants nothing but the best for us.  I can't thank God enough for giving you to me and trusting me with your beautiful mind, body and soul.  Tears came to my eyes while I was driving trying to take it all in.

After I picked you up at Grandma's we met Aunt Brittany for a celebratory drink and appetizers.  We ended up at California Pizza kitchen - they are the only ones that had patio dining available.  It was a really windy evening but you were loving just being outside.  No one else was out there with us so you ran around and had a great time!  We were getting the biggest kick out of you!! It was a wonderful day and an even better night!!!

I love you!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment