Friday, November 9, 2012

Catch-up Part: 3 HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Dear Maizy,

Halloween finally arrived.  I think I was slightly more excited than you. I had to wake you up to take you to Grandma Donker's for the afternoon.  We kept saying "Happy Halloween" back and forth.  You were in a great mood as always.  With Bear's passing we made different plans and so my heart was heavy.  Dad was taking you to Grandma's then was picking you up around 1ish, going home, getting you dressed in your costume then coming to my work to Trick or Treat at 3:45 p.m.  Dad was late last year bringing you and since he messed up the pressure was on.  

Everything went as planned.  Dad even sent me this pic for proof that you were in your costume and on your way to my work.  Woo hoo!!


Then you got to my work - on time, and the trick or treating began.  I was such a proud mommy taking you around my office and showing you off.  EVERYONE loved you! They commented on how beautiful you are, your eyes, your sweet voice as you said "thank you!" "Happy Halloween" or Trick or Treat!"  You were absolutely precious and breathtakingly beautiful - nothing new there!  See..............................







See how the crease in your arm is all red. Well your bag of candy was getting SO heavy but you refused to let one of us carry it for you.  Even though we weren't going to eat any you would not part with that bag!  Ouch!



This picture is just precious!  My friend, Sheridan, took the pic.  You were in the midst of saying "Happy Halloween!" even though it looks like you are praying. Ha! I love this pic. 

We trick or treated around the office for about an hour, then we had to head to see Grandma Annette and Sienna.  Sienna had to go to the doctor since she wasn't feeling well, so Aunt Debbie was the only one home when we arrived.  Photo shoot!!!

See..........................






Grandma and Sienna got back from the doctor's - finally, just in time for us to leave.  We saw them for maybe 5 minutes then it was time to go to Grandma Donker's to see Grandpa Donker, G-ma Shelly, G-pa Glen and Aunt Laurie. They couldn't get over how darling you looked!! We had KFC for dinner and then it was time to open presents.  Yes, presents. We are the only family that I know of that exchanges presents for Halloween.  I still got presents from my mom and Grandma until you arrived.  You got the new Tinkerbell movie, a magnetic Minnie Mouse dress up game, candy and an adorable My Little Pony train and train track!  Too cute!

You were being a little ham that night.  You hardly ate dinner and just wanted to play and play.  Can't blame you!  We never did end up going trick or treating but we'll leave that excitement for next year.  

We had a wonderful and busy Halloween, it was the best one yet! Thank you!

Two weeks later and you are still saying "Happy Halloween!"  We're working on "Happy Thanksgiving!"  

Thanks for being so fun and well behaved!

I love you! 

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment