Thursday, November 15, 2012

Catch-up Part: 4 A wedding and a funeral

Dear Maizy,

I can't get over how much you change and grow!  I love being your mom and that I get to witness you becoming this amazing little person with a big heart and personality.  

Aunt Brittany came and went.  We had some fun while she was here.  You and her even had a sleepover one night. See............................



She had the opportunity to experience your late night demands! Ha!  "Aunt Brittany I'm hungry!" at um, one in the morning! She came in town bearing gifts like always.  She gave you the most darling winter hat that will also keep your ears warm, silly putty which you call "silly pup", and a darling Strawberry Shortcake pez dispenser. 

Last week was kind of a somber week with the passing of Bear.  I still cry when I think about what a great guy the world has lost. I received the most honorable request - to be bartender at his wake. Bear's wake was held Friday November 2nd at the Greek Market's banquet room. I was really excited and not sure what to expect.  Connie, Bear's wife, asked one of her previous students, Holly, to come bar tend as she has had formal experience.  The drink requests starting coming and Holly hadn't arrived yet!  Yikes!  I just poured the drinks like I do at home and Voila!  People liked them and came back for more and more.  Holly arrived and she was freakin' awesome.  Her and I got along beautifully and had a great time.  I had a blast as crazy as that sounds.  The celebration was Ah-MAZING!!  They showed pictures on a big screen of Bear, his family, his great accomplishments (kids) and doing the things he loved, it was really moving.  His contagious smile was seen in most if not all of the pics.  Grandpa Glen spoke of his dear friend and he did a fantastic job.  I cried several times throughout the evening.  I saw friends, co-workers of Airgas and met new awesome people too. 

It's events like this that make you realize how short and precious life really is and it's not to be taken advantage of.  It makes you want to hug people more often, say I love you more than usual and make it known how much you mean to each other.  Bear was an amazing person and he adored you!  He is now free of pain and lives on in peace. 

Well needless to say after the celebration of life I did not feel so hot the next morning and we to do nothing but go, go, go!  Sara and Todd were getting married.  As her "maid of honor" or sorts I had a lot to do and all I felt like doing was sleeping in and cuddling you all day.  We woke up early took dad to work, went to Wal-Mart, went to Costco to buy flowers for Sara's bouquet, then I had to drop you off at Grandma Shelly's while I went to the ceremony.  Ugh!  It was a way busier day than I would have liked.

Luckily it was such a BEAUTIFUL fall day.  It really was a great day for Todd and Sara to get hitched.  After the ceremony I went home and the three of us hung out for a little while then we took you down to Grandma Annette's house for the night since the wedding reception was at a bar.
I didn't like dropping you off!  I miss you a tremendous amount when I am not with you.  Plus I really worry about you when you are at Gma Annette's - that's a whole other blog post!

Well we had a great time at the bar for the reception. We danced a TON!  Then Aunt Brittany got back in town from her little excursion which was great because she drove me and daddy back to Grandpa Frank's.  We slept over there.  Daddy went and picked you up pretty early from Grandma's and brought you back to Grandpa Frank's.  It truly was such a beautiful day!  We hung out there all day, listened to music, play in the yard, soaked up the sun as much as we could and had a delicious breakfast!! 











Thank you for the wonderful weekend.  For being my sweet, happy and loving daughter.  I love your creativity and your brain.  I have so much respect for you.  

I love you with all my heart!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment