Friday, July 8, 2011

Mother May I??

Dear Maizy,

We are taking you to the zoo today.  I am SOOOOOO freakin' excited!!  See the thing is I love the zoo and always have.  I even would go alone sometimes just because I loved it so.  People say it's sad to see the animals all caged and such, yes, I get that, so why not go visit them and cheer them up!?!?  Plus at least in the zoo they get 3 square meals a day, have friends and a safe habitat from it's predators - duh people!?!  Anyway,  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.  I get the biggest kick out of watching your face light up at things you enjoy. I am working half day then we are going!! YAY!!!

So in my way to work today I was thinking about what to write about on your blog and I thought why not myself?  I will write about me!!

I remember being a kid and realizing my mom had a name and it wasn't "mom" it was Shelly -weird!?!?  There is a fine line when becoming a mom.  You have to give yourself to your family but yet still remain an individual.  Either people give themselves all too entirely to their families that they aren't even their own person OR they don't give themselves at all and suck as parents (unfortunately I see this one the most).  Well I am striving to have a good balance for all of us.

I want to start off by saying that being your mother is the greatest privilege I've ever been given.  I am thankful everyday!!  I have known I always wanted to be a mother  and here I am! Besides being a mother I am also a friend, sister, daughter, granddaughter, cousin, employee, niece and partner to your father. 

I admire each role I have and play each of them a little bit differently, some roles are obviously more fun that others - hence the employee role!!  I want to play them all well, but I want to play the mother role the greatest!!

As a child I remember finding out things about my parents and their favorite things became my favorite things.  For example,  my dad's, your Grandpa Frank, favorite color was green therefore my favorite color was green for a long time! Now it's red!  My mom's favorite earrings would become my favorite too and I would wear them any chance I got - just imagine the 80's so they were big and bright!!!

I just feel like we sometimes know so little about our parents that what we do know we cherish and hold on to that information and this is even more so with our grandparents.  My great grandma Eleanor Ferguson rarely opened up and told us anything personal, but when she did I cherished that information I longed for.

Anyway,  I will just tell you a few things about me. I LOVE listening to my music loud in the car.  I LOVE dancing!!  Sugar cookies and smores are my favorite desserts ever!!  I love listening to classic rock but hip hop is obviously the best to dance too.  I LOVE laughing so hard that my stomach hurts!!  My sister makes me laugh pretty hard and so does your father.  I LOVE shopping and even though we are told not to touch things at stores I have to touch everything!!!  My dream job is to be a social worker.  I want to help people!!! I really enjoy cooking fresh vegetarian dishes and making my own pasta!!  I want us to go to Italy together as a family I know we'd have a blast.  I hate bugs and swimming in lakes!!!  I love Julie Roberts and every movie she's been in.  Right now in music I LOVE Pink,  Nightmare on Wax, The Black Keys, Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin. I am sometimes shy!  I don't like speaking in front of groups of people.  Cherry Coke is my favorite drink and so is good sweetened coffee.

I want you to find you own favorites in life and I want to know what they are.  I hope we always have a great relationship and that you trust and confide in me.  I never had good communication with my parents and I want you and I to.  I see how other people parent and even how your cousins are parented and I want to do the complete opposite!!!  I just want to be the best mommy for you.

I Love you Maizy Marie!!! Thank you SO much for coming into my life!!!

Love,
mom

You on our way home from the hospital!!  Look how tiny!?! And sad.  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment