Monday, July 18, 2011

Park Silly

Dear Maizy,

I LOVE you!!!  Friday after work I got home and we hung out for a minute then we headed down to Sandy to run a few errands and try a new restaurant, but wouldn't you know it - the restaurant was closed for the evening!! UGH!!!  So we got Del Crapo for dinner, went home, ate and went to bed.  On Friday nights I am always so pooped!!!

Saturday we woke up cleaned and visited with Grandpa Frank. He stopped by our place after work.  Then your dad went and picked up your brother.  Cameron hadn't seen you since Christmas time. Grandpa left and the boys got back.  You loved seeing Cameron and he loved seeing you.  You have changed so much since he saw you last.  Now you aren't so fragile, have a voice of your own and are walking everywhere!!

We just hung out, had BBQ for dinner, watched movies. 

Then Sunday morning we got ready for the day and headed to Park City to meet my friend Sara and her family to go to lunch and the Farmers Market.  We had a great time!!!
It was the way there that you weren't too happy about!!  I felt your pain.



Lunch was yummy and you were cracking us all up!!  See.............................



After lunch we went to the market part.  It was a blast, but it was so bloody hot!!  It was hard to find relief from the sun!!!  You had the most darling outfit on, it was one I bought while you were in my belly!!  You looked adorable!!



After a good few hours up there we headed home.  We all took naps, ate dinner, played and went to bed!!

This weekend you walked around a lot saying "bo, bo, bo" and making the "o" shape with your mouth, it was really quite cute and fun to watch!!  You are SO entertaining.

You no longer crawl you WALK!!!!  You are so fun and just so full of personality. At Farmers Market  Sara and I were standing in line to get a drink.  I was holding you and the man in front of us turned around and was saying how cute you are.  He was right up in our face.  Sara thought that he was going to kiss you!!! Ha ha ha!!  I told her I wouldn't be surprised!!

I can't get over how much you learn, change and grow.  I see you everyday so I don't notice as much until someone that hasn't seen you for a while points it out.  You now have 4 teeth on the top and 2 on the bottom.  Your favorite food is mashed potatoes and fruit baby food.  You are a very adventurous eater for a baby.  You usually eat what your father and I eat - halibut, steak, cheesy potatoes, noodles, rice and mango sorbet.  You have a very extensive palette for a young baby!! Since we dine out often you are really good in restaurants.

You will be one year old next month!! Can you believe it!?!?!  It's gone by so fast for your father and I.  We have enjoyed every single minute of it.  It's definitely been a huge and wonderful life experience for me. I have grown as a person, felt things I have never felt, not only physically but mentally, it's crazy how much love I have in my heart for you and your father. I am so blessed to be your mom and I want to do the best "job" possible. Being a mother is a lot of work, but I love it all and the rewards are amazing!!!  It also helps a ton having your father as helpful, understanding and loving as he is. I couldn't be a good mom if I didn't have a great partner.  I feel for single moms.  Not only do they have to do all the work by themselves, but sometimes they may not have someone to share all the great milestones with. 

Receiving compliments on how beautiful, happy and fun you are is the biggest compliment of all to me.  I see other babies and very, very rarely are they as happy as you! And of course not nearly as beautiful. 

I hope you had a great weekend too!!

Love you!!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment