Thursday, January 10, 2013

Christmas Eve

Dear Maizy,

We had a lovely Christmas Eve.  We didn't get to sleep in we had lots of last minute things to do that day.  After lunch we had a few minutes to relax before the big Christmas Eve party at Grandpa Frank's.  

I had bought some ornaments for you to paint to give to each of the Grandma's, but I was so in love and proud of them that I kept them for myself.  Look at how freakin' cute!!






After we painted and got cleaned up we headed to Grandpa Frank's for the annual Christmas Eve party with Aunt JoLynne and her family.  Grandpa smoked some delicious salmon and pork.  YUM!!  You had a great time, running around, being passed from cousin to cousin and playing with the dogs.  You were such a good, good girl.  There was a table of presents and you saw one for you sticking out of a bag and you had to stare at that thing for hours until we finally opened presents.  Aunt JoLynne and her family gave you the cutest Little Tykes bowling set!  You LOVE that thing.  We set up some pins for you and you toss that little pink bowling ball like no one's business.  I LOVE seeing my cousin's, Aunt and Uncle.  I don't see them nearly enough so when we all get together it's magical.

This is you with cousin Anthony.  He was my closest and fave cousin growing up.  I just LOVE this picture!!  You both have the cutest faces.  



You were such a good girl.  We were there until 11pm and mommy and daddy still needed to go home and put your kitchen together.  Yikes!

We got home and put you to bed.  You were tired! Or so we thought. It was already after midnight so I told daddy that I would stay up until 2:30am to put stuff together then it was bed time for me.  It took half an hour just to get your kitchen out of the box!! Yikes!

About an hour later at 1am you woke up, climbed out of your crib and came downstairs.  You said "what are you building daddy!" I scooped you up and carried you to bed.  You were quite upset that you weren't in on the action and couldn't help daddy build something.  You and I cuddled in bed and you finally went to sleep about 2:30am - there was no way I was going to start working then.  I went downstairs and checked on daddy and he still had quite a bit of work left on your kitchen.  I carried you from our bed to your bed and convinced dad to come to bed.  We hit the hay!  Then I woke up at 6:30am and went downstairs to wrap all the gifts.  Yikes!  I had more than I ever imagined. 

It was finally Christmas morning!

I knew this was going to be the best Christmas yet.

Love you!

Love,
mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment