Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Baby Brother or Baby Sister?

Dear Maizy,

I am writing this but not "posting" it until much later since I didn't want the "cat out of the bag" just yet..  

Yesterday morning I took a pregnancy test and it showed two lines = positive. You have a baby sister or brother on it's way.  I showed your dad the test and we hugged each other each with teary eyes.  Then I went in and checked on you sleeping and thanked God for the many blessings he has given me.  I never, ever, never, ever, ever dreamed I would have a child nearly as beautiful, smart, funny, perfect, fun, or as bright as you.  You are definitely mine and your father's dream come true.  I mean - just look at you!



We are over the moon excited to add to our little family and do you know why?  Because you are truly SO amazing and we know that you will be the best the big sister in the world.  How lucky is this sibling of yours going to be?  You make me and your father want another little you.

You were the first one to find out that we are adding to our family.  Randy dad's friend was second and then I called Grandma Annette and told her.  She is so super excited!  

We are thrilled to be having a baby, but we are also really excited for you.  This is life changing for you as well.  Your father and I have planned this and have contemplated about giving you a sibling and we decided it was the best thing we could do for you and our family.  I have talked to many people and asked for their input and they all said that being an only child was fun at times because they didn't have to share their toys, but it was also very lonely.  I couldn't imagine not having my sister. 

Well even though your father and I planned this pregnancy much like yours we couldn't have planned a better birth day for this baby!

See.........................

Congratulations! Your baby is due on or around:

Wednesday, August 14, 2013



Oops! I will make sure that you and your brother/sister don't share the same birthday but it is kind of comical.  

Maizy you inspire me to be the best person I can be.  You make me want to be and do good, always!  This is something so special you have given me. In fact, next to you and your father it's the best gift to be given.  You really are something so special. 

I have so much love and respect for you.  I know that you will be the bestest big sister in the whole world.  I can't help but think you are also going to give that gift to your sibling of making them want to be the best they can be. 

I admit I am a little scared and nervous to have another baby because we have an amazing thing going on at our home and it's kind of crazy to think that we are going to mix things up a little bit but I know everything will work out just the way it's supposed to.  

When I think about this baby, it only has to be half as cool as you and it will still be super amazing.  

When the thought of a second child came to mind I asked myself and a few others why people have more than one child.  I just didn't want you to ever have any negative thoughts as to why we made the decision we did.  When I asked others their responses opened my mind.  We chose to give you a wonderful gift - although at times it may not seem so wonderful - of a sibling, you will soon have someone in this world besides your aging parents that you can rely, call and depend on, someone that "gets" you, someone to complain to your parents about to that will fully understand, a best friend for life, a companion, a possible travel buddy, and some one to share in the duties of taking care of your elderly parents one day - you will take care of us right!?? ; )

I admit I am nervous at times thinking of the day when we introduce this new person into our lives, but I know it will be great.  You'll make it great!

This is going to be on an adventure and I couldn't be happier that I have you and your daddy right here with me. 

You are going to be the best big sister in the history of the world! 

I love you!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment