Thursday, January 17, 2013

Sick Mommy

Dear Maizy,

Well it was official.  I was sick!  I had to call into work on Thursday and Friday following Christmas.  I had the body aches, vomiting and sore throat. Daddy went to work Thursday and took you with him.  Grandma Shelly asked to keep you while daddy and I went to Instacare that evening.  What a joke that ended up being?  Paid my $35  co-pay, waited 2 hours to see the doctor just to have him tell me that there was nothing he or I could do. He told me to get lots of rest and drink lots of fluids.  Um, yeah I've been doing that. I asked the doctor what to do about preventing you from getting sick too.  He said that we should keep our distance.  Um, yeah right!  Plus obviously he doesn't know how freakin' adorable you are and that I prefer to hug and cuddle you as much as humanly possible! I called and told Grandma this news and she was already planning on keeping you overnight anyway, so she insisted upon it and there you stayed.  All. Night.

The next morning daddy went to work and I was home alone all day which was fine because I just slept and cried because I missed you dearly and was sick of being sick. Grandma Shelly did us a big solid though and took you to get the flu vaccine - whew! Because even though I had the flu shot I still managed to get the flu.  Whatever!

Well Daddy came home from working at Grandma Shelly's without you!  Yes, without you.  You were staying at Grandma's one more night.  Insert big giant sad face here. 

Daddy and I just watched movies and laid in bed and poor dad had to take care of me all night. 

I was sick and delirious and started to wonder if I was ever going to see you again.  It was a legitimate fear of mine. Also, I was worried that you'd forget about me, but everyone lied reassured me that you did indeed miss me. 

Saturday night you finally came home!! I was still sick as a dog, no fun, but I got my selfish way of seeing you and having you home.  

You got home, got in your dress up clothes, put on your new crown and picked up where you left off - made me more tea.  Life was looking up.


Gosh I love that face.  


I was so happy to have you home!  So was daddy.  We just played and relaxed a bit.  I still felt like crap but at least we were all together.  You are such a sweet girl.

And I wanted to tell you this - one morning dad was putting your coat on you and you said "where are my cute little fingers?"  So adorable.  That is what we say to you when we put on your coat and your fingers get stuck.

Thanks for being such a good girl while mommy was under the weather.  Grandma Shelly and Grandpa Glen had a blast with you while you stayed at their house.  I so proud of you!

Love you!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment