Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Funny Girl

Dear Maizy,

You are the sweetest girl ever. You will just say to me out of the blue.

"I love you so much!  Hugs!?!"  You'll reach out for a hug and will wrap your arms around me as tight as you can and my heart melts.

You show compassion and concern when you hear a baby cry, see someone get hurt or think that mommy or daddy has on owie - you are right there to kiss it better! 

You talk about your cousins "Alexia Milania"  ALL.THE.TIME!  You say how much you miss your cousins.  I wish so badly that they lived closer so that you had some cute little girls to play with. 

You have an Ah-MAZING imagination!  I LOVE watching you play in your kitchen and see how you pretend, make things up and talk.  

Last night at dinner you were pretending my sheer cardigan was a shower curtain.  You were hiding behind my shirt it while I was wearing it and asked me to pass you some soap!  Ha ha ha! I can't get over how cute, imaginative, funny, sweet and smart.  I love that brain of your's babe!

You love to play games, do puzzles and watch movies on my iPhone.  You know how to operate that thing just right!  You even know how to work Grandma's iPad better than she does.

When you are frustrated with your dad you say "Michael Sean Gunn!!"  I think it's the funniest cutest thing - dad, not so much. 

You are talking up a STORM!! It's amazing.  You are such a little smarty pants.  You will look outside and say "Mom, it looks kinda windy out there!"  We had a HUGE snow storm a few weeks ago and you kept looking out the window and saying "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!  Look at all the snowflakes!"  So freakin' adorable.

You are totally attached to me lately and don't want much to do with daddy, it hurts his feelings but I know it's just a phase.  When you don't see him for a few days you are all about him and you two are back to normal.  

You go to Grandma Donker's during the day most days except as of Christmas Grandma has been taking care of Aunt Laurie too, so we have been taking you to Grandma Annette's and that has been a DISASTER!!  Your dad and I are struggling on what to do - Grandma Donker is worn out from taking care of Laurie but she wants you too, but it makes us worry because it really wears on her.  Then at Grandma Annette's you don't get the care you deserve, you are left in your p.j.'s all day,  Sienna doesn't treat you well at all, there is a lot of yelling that takes place in that household, Sienna is from hell - did I mention that yet? and I just worry about you while you are there.  

Last night we (me, you and daddy) were saying our good nights - oh yeah did I mention that you sleep in our bed at night now!?!  - and you said to me "Goodnight honey!  I love you!"  You melt my heart with the cute, cute, sweet things you say!

Your imagination is out of this world!  You are always pretending and making things up and I LOVE it!! 

You are starting to sing to yourself and it's the cutest, most precious thing in the world!! Usually in the mornings we sing Twinkle, Twinkle and Mary Had a Little Lamb and you sing right along with me!  You have the sweetest little singing voice.  



My first day back to work after the New Year and being sick.  Gosh I sure love you two!!

You are getting really good at taking pics of yourself with my phone!

You and I playing Mr. and Mrs. Potatohead

You building your blocks super tall while playing  "mommy" with your baby doll. 

Another self pic.  Love this face!

A weekend phase of playing with your tongue and making faces.

Playing dress-up.  Yep, that's my boot you insisted on wearing. 

I asked you what you wanted for breakfast and you said birthday cake and candles,  so dad headed to the store and  got you a pink frosted donut - the best we could do!  You were pretty dang impressed..........I think.

You came to our appointment to listen to the baby's heart beat and see it on  the "big screen."  Your eyes  got quite big with wonder and excitement.  

We spent the afternoon with Grandma Shelly  meeting your new baby cousin and  playing with your "big" cousins.  We truly had an amazing fun-filled day. 

Your first pomegranate!  You were helping dad get the seeds out.  

Smiley girl!  On our way out the door to breakfast.  One of our fave breakfast places, Bay Leaf  Cafe, was closing forever after this day, so we had to go eat there one last time!

Chasing dad to our breakfast destination downtown. 

Us girls at breakfast!  

Poor thing!  You gave yourself a uni-brow.  You and I were playing hide and seek and you scratched yourself on the back of your highchair!  OUCH!

You and daddy look outside at all the snow.  Look how dang cute you two are!?!  You put your arm around daddy! I just love you guys!

Babe you truly are such a special gift to me, your dad, your grandparents and everyone else that is so blessed to meet and know you.  I have never met anyone so sweet and beautiful!  Oh my gosh are you beautiful!  I love you so much that I feel like my heart could just explode at any moment.  I am the luckiest person on this earth.  I never take a moment with you for granted.  I know that you are a gift to me that I am completely undeserving of.  

Love you!

Love,
mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment