Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy New Year!!

Dear Maizy,

Regardless of me being sick we stuck to the plan of staying New Year's Eve at Little America and going swimming!  YAY!!

We got ready for the day, packed up all of our stuff and went to the hotel right at 3pm to check in.  I was SOOOOOO excited.  I think it's fun to spend the night at a hotel.  Plus the beds are really comfy and the tubs are big!  Nice!

Daddy checked in with us then he had to run a quick errand so you and I just hung out in our room and explored it a bit - or maybe I just wanted to lie down since I wasn't feeling too hot.  I set you up with a coloring set while I laid down for a sec.  Well it was awfully quiet for a minute so I sit up look down at the foot of the bed and Uh Oh!  You decided to color yourself instead. Yikes! I hurried and washed you off and luckily the marker on your face came off pretty good but not so much on your legs.  Ha ha ha! 


Well daddy made it back and we decided to get ready to go swimming!!  You had been so patient.  We got you in your darling new swimsuit. 



You were all ready to go but we still had to get ready.  



You are such a little monkey!!  You know it too because you will say "I'm a monkey!"  We couldn't get to the pool fast enough.  The place was FULL of families ready to ring in the New Year.  We strapped your life jacket on you and jumped in the pool.  Um, I wish it was a bit warmer but it wasn't too bad.  We went in the hot tub for a minute and that was awesome and crowded!

After about an hour or so we convinced you to go back to the room and "swim" in the tub in our room.  You were all for it!  The tub in the room was a huge garden tub and I brought lots of bubble bath for you.  

After your bath we all got dressed in our comfy clothes, ordered room service, danced around the room and waited to ring in the New Year!







We did the count down to midnight near the balcony and watched all the fireworks across the valley, it was AWESOME!!!  Shortly after midnight you went and crawled into your bed and you were OUT!


It was a very fantastic New Year's Eve.  I wish us all the best in 2013 and look forward to another terrific year of being your mommy, watching you grow and learn.  I can't get over how amazing you are and how proud of you I am.  You are tender-hearted, lovey, caring, passionate, smart, kind, thoughtful, strong willed and hilarious!  Oh my gosh you are getting more and more hilarious!

You slept really well through the night and so did daddy, but me - not so much!  UGH!  Anyway,  we woke up about 9ish and went swimming one more time! I mean that's really why we stayed there.  



You are such a fantastic swimmer.  You picked up right where you left off this summer.  You kept saying "I do it ALL.BY.MYSELF."  You did want me to touch you and you didn't even need me too.  You are a pro at kicking your legs and paddling your arms.  You make me so proud.  You have no fear either.  You loved to climb up the ladder and jump off the sides into the pool.  There was an outdoor area to the pool - you would go under a bridge and through a tarp of sorts, it was FREEZING but we had to check out the action a couple of times. 



After we swam for a bit we hit the hot tub, then convinced you to go back to the room and "swim" in the tub.  I was really sad to see our fun hotel stay come to an end!  It seemed like forever to pack up.  We left the room with way more than we came with I swear.  

You just played for a bit while dad and I picked up the room.  You had a blast putting a chair in front of the sink and playing in it!




This is you in the lobby.  Everyone complimented on how dang cute you are!  


I seriously can't get enough of you.  You say and do the cutest things.  You are SO dang smart.  You are like a little sponge that soaks it all up!

Anyway, before we left the hotel you took my camera and took this picture.  I see some definite potential as an abstract photographer.  


Happy New Year Babe!  I promise it's going to be a great year!

Love you!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment