Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Brother or Sister

Dear Maizy,

Your father and I have decided that we would like to add to our family.  We asked you if you wanted a brother or sister and each time you said "sister", but I am sure you'd be fine with a brother too. 

We don't mind what God gives us as long as he/she is healthy and looks like you!  I have to admit another girl would be perfect or else your brother is going to have to love the color pink since that's what all the baby clothes are.

We went to the doctor yesterday to discuss my health with her and if she gave us the okay to have my IUD removed.  Dr. Ponder was excited to see us and to meet you.  She commented on your beautiful eyes!



My blood pressure was AWESOME!!  116/72 - woo hoo!  She said that since it would be my second baby the chances of getting preclampsia again would be slimmer - good news!

We are excited but nervous of course but if this baby is even just have as cute, sweet, smart and fun we will be blessed

We have decided to try to give you a sibling - it wasn't an easy decision - because:

  • Your father and I have siblings and couldn't imagine our lives without them.
  • You possess such leadership traits and skills and I can't help but know you'd make the best big sister in the world.
  • Who else are you going to complain to your parents about that would fully understand!?
  • I love my sister to the ends of the earth and I want you to have a similar relationship.
  • Being a big sister you will learn to share, protect and stand up for those you love.
Firstborns are natural born leaders.  Over half of the U.S. presidents are first born. (CBS News)

My dad said that he and my mom had my sister because I was becoming quite the brat.  I can see that.  Not that you are bratty but those that don't ever have to share - how will they learn?  

Disclaimer: Even though I have a sister I was and still am a horrible sharer.  

I think that my sister and I were born too far apart from each other.  I can see the good parts, but there are bad parts too!  I want you and your sibling to be closer in age than I am with my sister.

I know that sacrifices will have to be made while you two are younger with us being a one income family, but it won't be that way forever and I would rather get through the rough patches now when you and your sibling are younger and can't remember.  I LOVE not having to ever have to take you to daycare and I want the same for your sibling.  

Your father is a way better stay-at-home parent than I could ever dream of being.  Plus I learned with you that you don't need the latest and greatest toys - you have them of course - but it's me and your dad that you want to play with.  The things you love to do are free or really cheap.  You like coloring, throwing and kicking a ball around, taking a bubble bath, doing puzzles, chase each other around the house, play dress up in my clothes and shoes, play make-up and jump on the couch.  We spend a lot of time together as a family and that is what's important. Not if we have the latest and greatest t.v., dvd player or the nicest cars.  We live in a nice home full of love, we don't want for anything and that is how it should be!  I can't help but want to add another cool person to our family.  

I know there will be times when you wished you were an only child, Lord knows I did.  ; )
But I will never regret having another child and you will never regret having a best friend in the world.

If you weren't so darn awesome I wouldn't want another one.

I love you sweet girl!

Love,
mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment