Thursday, October 11, 2012

What to write about??

Dear Maizy,

I haven't written in a while even though I think about it on a daily basis.  I have SO much to tell you!  I don't even know where to begin on what to talk about. 

Maybe I could write about how you threw your first major temper tantrum out in public on Saturday at Target.  Yep, you were "that kid!"  I was glad your father was there to witness it.

Or maybe I could write about the fact that you hit me in the face at Target. Yep, you hit right in the face, while I had my glasses on.  Ouch!  I was embarrassed and hurt, but something came over me even as the man walking by gave me a "sorry your kid's a brat" face.  I felt sympathy for you.  I felt bad that you couldn't communicate to me how you were feeling, so I decided to give us a time out and go look at the funny cards of animals wearing human clothes and accessories.  We were laughing and you felt better.  Regardless I think we need to take a break from Target for a while.

Or maybe how you melted mine and your dad's heart later that same evening when we were all in the kitchen making dinner and you said "I love you guys!"  

Or how you said to me one night "I'm happy to see you!"  Awe!!

Or how you walk around with a play stethoscope and say "check-up" and put the thing up to our hearts, the stuffed animals and even pictures of family we have a around to check their hearts.

Or how your big heart, smart brain, beautiful face, shiny hair, contagious laugh, healthy and strong little body, sweet and not so sweet words, glittery eyes, wiggly toes and arms that give the best hugs put me in awe and even shock most days that you are mine.  You are my daughter!

Or that you now speak your mind.  "Don't touch me!"  When I just want to hug or cuddle you. 

Or that you are SO freakin' smart, it's unbelievable.  The information you retain blows my mind!!

Or that when you jump on the trampoline at Grandma Annette's house you singing "ashes, ashes, we all fall down!"  One of the most adorable things you can witness.

Or that you like to dress yourself and play dress up and it's super entertaining.

Or how you are super, super smart! 

Or how much you are loved.  Truly loved.

Or how much I worry for you in this scary, freaky, world in which we live.

See I have a lot I need/could/want to write about.

Thank you for being such an amazing little girl.

I LOVE YOU!!

Love,
mommy


 

No comments:

Post a Comment