Monday, March 25, 2013

Big Girl Bed

Dear Maizy,

Bed time has been an issue in our household for a long time and especially since the time you could climb out of your crib.  

You are a night owl and fight tooth and nail falling asleep.  Well we were going to get you a big bed but with our Hawaii vacation coming up I decided to put it on hold for now, so we transformed your bed into a "big girl bed" just for you!!


Daddy sleeps in there most nights with you for a couple of reasons.  1) The heater vent is right there so he stays warm all night. 2) You will stay in your bed all night rather than come climb into ours.  

I have never been a fan of your sleeping habits and was getting quite worried.  I especially got worried when one morning you woke up with dark circles and bags under your eyes! Aaaahhhh!!  I called your awesome doctor.  She recommended melatonin.  That stuff works pretty well.  We give you your "tummy medicine", as we call it, at night.  You are great about taking it since it tastes good.  It takes about 30 minutes to hit you then it makes you act kind of drunk.  I love it though because some nights you will fall asleep while I am rocking you in the rocking chair and holding you.  Then we put you in your won bed but it's not too long before you come and climb into bed with us.  This bed time thing has been the most challenging thing with you - other than that you are a breeze so I guess I kind of don't mind.  Sleep is for the birds! Plus I feel like I can sympathize.  I was a night owl growing up and your father and I are definitely ones on the weekend.  

I love you my sweet girl!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment