Thursday, March 14, 2013

Valentine's Weekend

Dear  Maizy,

We had a fun filled Valentine's/Daddy's Birthday weekend!!  Grandma Shelly got us a room at the Staybridge Suites for 2 nights!! We chose to stay at this hotel because they have an awesome indoor swimming pool and you have been asking to go swimming AND they also have a kitchen in the room.  Nice!  That way we can stick with our Valentine's tradition of a steak and lobster dinner.  YUM!!  

Our festivities began on Friday February 15th.  I came home from work a few hours early, daddy dropped you and I off at the hospital for my doctor's appointment while he went grocery shopping for the weekend.  Grandma Shelly met us at the hospital, so she could entertain you during my appointment.  My appointment was brief.  Then us girls went up to Grandma Donker's to exchange our Valentine's gifts and holy crap did you get spoiled!!!  I felt totally inadequate giving the Grandma's a nice bracelet and Aunt Laurie a DVD when in return we got money, gift cards, you got outfits, candy, a princess tent, toys, books and movies. Valentine's should truly not be this way.  After a few hours of being at Grandma's and playing daddy came and picked us up and to the hotel we went. Woo hoo!!

We checked in, jumped on the bed and got you ready for some swimming action.  Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling well, so I didn't swim but I watched you and daddy.  We decided to get you arm floaties instead of your life jacket and it was the right thing to do.  You are an       Ah-Mazing swimmer!  Seriously!!  You are really good at listening to daddy and doing what he says - kick your legs, paddle your arms, don't drink the water and even taught you how to float on your back.  The only thing that makes me nervous is you have no fear!  Yikes!  But you are a smart girl and know what to do.  I really want you to have swimming lessons this summer.  Dad insists on teaching you.  I know he's a great teacher, but learning from someone that is certified to teach lessons can't be a bad thing, so I guess we'll see.






Look at you!  You got your floaties on and you were off! 





You and daddy swam for a little while, then came back to the room where you played in the tub and got all clean.  The chlorine in the pool was strong!!  I could barely breathe just watching you guys.  I forgot to bring any bath toys, so you played with some new bowls that mommy and daddy gave your for Valentine's Day. Anyway, after your bath we ate a late dinner of daddies yummy sandwiches - we were saving our fancy dinner for the next night.  




After dinner we watched cartoons.  You asked if you could stand in the drawer to watch t.v.  I said no, but daddy said yes.  I was overruled.  



We slept in a little bit Saturday morning.  You and daddy went and got breakfast at the hotel's breakfast buffet.  We just lounged around, then Grandma Shelly came and brought us lunch then  we all walked down to the pool to watch you swim.  I packed a swimsuit for myself but it was too big and uncomfortable, so I couldn't and didn't really want to swim but wanted to swim with you - I was torn, so I didn't. 

After swimming we all came back to the room and crashed, it was nice!  We slept for like 3 hours.  We woke up and dad started cooking our yummy dinner.  Our room got really smoky so we had to open all the windows and we undid the fire detectors because we were afraid they were going to go off.  Our room smelled divine!!! We imagined the neighbors and anyone that passed by in the hall were drooling!

Look at this yummy, yummy dinner!  



Dinner was SO good.  You liked the steak "bacon", but you weren't a fan of the lobster.  We also had really yummy rolls, salad and ice creams from the hotel gift shop for dinner!  We had a fabulous dinner and weekend.  




Checking out of a hotel is always crazy and stressful and kind of sad that the party's over.  Well we packed up and headed home, it was nice to be home again.

We all just relaxed and took it easy to get ready for our crazy week ahead.  Check you and dad out relaxing!


Thanks for a very memorable and fun weekend!

Love you with all my heart!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment