Monday, March 25, 2013

Winter Time Fun

Dear Maizy,

This has been a long, super cold winter for all of us.  You ask if we can go to the park all the time.  I get it - you just want to be outside.  Well it's been really cold and quite miserable.  Well the Sunday after our weekend at the hotel it was actually quite sunny and I was feeling pretty good, so we got in the car with nowhere to go.  I love when we do this.  We got on the highway and headed north.  I drove and sometimes I really despise driving because I can't sight see - well I can but it's not safe.

Anyway, we were up near Ogden and see saw a park that looked nice so we got off the highway trying to find it and we found something even cooler.  We came across a dinosaur park, it was closed, but there was a walking trail around it and a beautiful river, so we got out of the car and walked around.  It felt tremendous to just be out, in the sun and to be walking. 


After hanging out of the sun roof for a minute you were anxious to hit the pavement.  We had a blast making snowballs, throwing them at each other, kicking the snowballs, throwing snow into the river, looking through the fence into the dinosaur park, chasing each other, getting a closer look into the river and just being together.  We were all permagrin.













After working up an appetite we went over to the gift shop and restaurant across the way to see what it was all about.  The gift shop was pretty neat.  The cashier LOVED you!  She picked you up and carried you around the store showing you everything.  We ended up buying you a pink rock that you wanted to go throw in the river.  Then we went and ate in the Greenery Room (I think that's what it's called).  The food was pretty tasty. While we were there an elderly man walking in to sit at a table near us winked at you, you got shy so you turned into me then he got right up behind you and started talking, you turned around and hit him square in the nose.  Aaaaahhh!!  I didn't know what to do.  I was proud of you for doing what you did and protecting your own space.  I just wasn't sure if I should apologize but he was in the wrong.  Gosh girl!  You have the reflexes of a cat!!  This always happens to you and especially with old people.  They always get right up in your face. 

We left shortly after that and got back in the car and headed home, not before stopping at the store and getting drinks and treats for the ride back.

Thanks for a wonderful, wonderful day!  It felt superb getting out and walking around and even though it was cold the sunshine was nice!!

Never a dull moment with my sweet girl!

We love you SO much!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment