Thursday, August 11, 2011

3 More Days!!

Dear Maizy,

You are going to be one year old in about 72 hours.  That just sounds crazy to me.  It went from going days old, to weeks, to months and now a year.  Where has the time gone!?!  They say time flies when you're having fun, well, they ain't lyin'.  This has been the most awesome year of my life full of laughter, tears of joy, smiles and an overwhelming amount of love.

It's going to be really hard to type this without bawling my eyes out.  I've loved your before you were even born and now that I know you the love I have for you is unexplainable. 

I have loved every stage of your life so far. Some of them are so brief too.  Like your growling stage comes and goes for short periods at a time as for your bubble blowing.

I loved the "just born" stage with the peace in  watching you sleep, hearing your little noises you'd make, feeding you from my body into yours, feeling your warmth on my chest or nuzzled up into my chin, wondering what you were dreaming while sleeping, your weightlessness while holding you,  kissing your wrinkled little forehead, comparing your small hands to mine, looking at your toes and trying not to devour them every minute of every day, just staring at you and wondering what parts of you came from me or your father. 

I loved the stage where you started smiling more and more, taking an interest in your surroundings,  didn't sleep as much so we could interact more,  watching your eyes light up at a familiar face, sound or toy you liked, dressing you in your darling outfits, watching you roll over for the first time and  watching you want to crawl so bad.

I remember the first time we gave you solid food, it was exciting, but also sad for me.  I was no longer your only source of nourishment, your were growing .And. Fast. It made me. Sad.  Then there was seeing you hold your sippy cup for a drink and grab your spoon to feed yourself. My heart broke a little. This was a small step towards your independence. Natural progression, I suppose.



I loved watching you discover the stairs at the house and climbing them at lightening speed.
To this day I can say you have never fell down them. Good Job Baby.

Then watching you take your first steps brought tears to my eyes.  We were so proud of you.  You were proud of you.  You are such a strong willed, happy, good, funny, sweet spirited little girl.

We are celebrating our first year together on your actual birth day at Hatch Park in North Salt Lake by our home with friends, family and good food.  I know it's going to be a wonderful day!  I may be a big bawl baby that day, but understandably so.  I just know that our life is only ever going to get better and better.

I hope your first year was as wonderful as mine.

Love you!!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment