Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy Birthday!!!

Dear Maizy,

Yesterday was your first birthday and what a great one it was.  I know it was only your first birthday but it was one of the best days I've had too.  Your father and I heard you in your crib so we made our way to your room and busted open the door while singing "Happy Birthday!"  You love it!!  You were so cute and we really think you knew it was a special day for you. 

We played for a while and got ready for your party at the same time. Challenging.  Grandma Shelly came and got you and took your to her house to get you all ready for the party while we did the all the party prep.

Your father smoked a pork for 8 hours the day prior, it was very labor intensive but it was worth it. Then I made about 48 cupcakes and your "smash" cake!!  I had so much fun decorating your cake.  I wanted it to look lovely and show that it was special and made for one adorable girl in particular and it did!  I think so anyway.

So your father and I decorated the park pavilion with crepe paper, hanging signs, balloons and sidewalk chalk. 

Your party was supposed to start at 11:30 but that all came too quickly.  So we were running a little behind and you didn't show up until 12:30 - fashionably late.

Here is a list of everyone that attended:  Grandma Annette,  Aunt Jen, Aunt Deb, Siennna. Great Aunt JoLynne, Great Uncle Ed (Kookie), September, Misty, Great Aunt Tina and her daughters - Emaly, Jenna and Isabelle. My friend Kristy and her son Gavin.  My friend Shalese.  My friend Tasha Long and her two kids - Taylor and Colton. Nahum Sebastian and a girl friend of his. Tracy (Grandma Frank's bestie).  Uncle Paul came later.  Grandma Shelly and Grandpa Glen.  Great Grandma and Grandpa Hatch.  My friend's Sara and Todd. 

Aunt Brittany would have LOVED to be there but she is in Alaska working on a cruise ship but she did send you the cutest little outfit ever!!

Grandpa Frank was on a motorcycle ride for the weekend but we are going to celebrate your birthday with him this week. More fun to come!!

After a delicious lunch of pork sandwiches, potato salad (Aunt Jenn), baked beans (Grandma Annette), cold drink and chips (G-ma Shelly and G-pa Glen) we opened gifts. Everyone was so giving and wonderful.  You got some really, really nice gifts.  It was just such an awesome day to see everyone and for everyone to see you!!  They LOVED you!!  You were in a good mood as always, was walking around and being passed around a lot too!!  I couldn't have asked for a better day.






After gifts we took your shirt off and gave you your smash cake to go to town in.  You did awesome.  You grabbed all that frosting off the cake and ate a handful!!  SO CUTE!!!  You were making everyone laugh.  They were especially laughing when you saw the dress that cousin Misty gave you, you were hugging it like crazy and making us all roar with laughter.



After presents we just mingled while you played in the grass with Aunt Deb and walked around in the sun.  Then we had to clean up the pavilion and head home. 

We got home played with your toys, you got in a much needed bath,  Uncle Paul came over for a few, we munched on leftovers, Uncle Paul left and we all took a much needed nap!!

I just can not believe how fast the year has gone by, it's been such an awesome year.  You fill my heart with so much love.  You make me want to be a better person and mommy every day. I can't thank you enough for everything that you bring to my life.  I know your dad feels the same way. You are just so full or life.  I love the innocence and curiosity you have. 

I love you baby girl!!  I am already starting to think what we're going to do next year to celebrate your birthday!

Love you tonz and tonz.

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment