Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Too fast

Dear Maizy,

You are going to be a year old in 11 days.  I CAN NOT believe it.  This has been the best year of my life.  I am blessed every day to see your smiling face, watch you learn, grow and see your face light up at things you like. I think of all the great things I have witnessed and I am reminded there is a God that loves us very, very much.  This year has gone by too fast though.  There are so many moments I wish I could pause and really take in the view, the smells, the sounds and just everything that experience has to offer. 

I can remember the day you were born perfectly!  It was such a wonderful and exciting moment. That was one day for sure I wish I could have paused and taken in every single moment. That day had such a sense of peace, love and excitement that you were now in our arms for us to love, cherish and care for.  Your dad and I can not possibly love you more. There is no such greater love. 

We love and adore you so much.  We get the biggest kick out of the sounds and faces you make, the way you interact with people and your toys, the way you eat and drink and try new things, your little shenanigans, your determination, your mini tantrums you now do when tired, the way you sleep, your beautiful and contagious smile. The way you touch and look at things.  How you put everything in your mouth.  The way your eyes light up when you are excited about something.
When I get home from work, it's all about you.  We play, read books, wrestle, talk, watch Dora the Explorer, go to the park, run errands, go out to dinner or go visiting Grandmas.  You and I also have bath time.  I give you a bath every evening and I love those moments we share! You are so fun and expressive. 

This one year has been truly so amazing. You and your father make my life great!!



I also can't stress enough how much attention you get either from EVERYONE!  Hostess', waitress', bank workers, cashiers, strangers, passerbys, family, friends, neighbors, other kids, other babies, just everyone!! No joke.

I say that if you were ever to come up missing - heaven forbid - everyone would be a suspect.  I wouldn't even know where to look first.

Your first birthday celebration is on your actual birthday.  We invited lots of family and friends, we are having it at a park, I am making you your own cake to devour and I just know it's going to be a wonderful, wonderful celebration!!!!

I love you!!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment