Thursday, September 15, 2011

Summer Lovin'

Dear Maizy,

If I could just stay home with you all day and play to our hearts content I would.  I LOVE and cherish every moment of our time and especially weekends together.

Friday I got home.  Your dad was spraying off the porch, I went inside to get a drink and came out to see this...........

And this


And this, and this and this.




You love the water!!!  Then after your diaper was soaked we took your bottoms off and that was quite hilarious and adorable.  I have to say, you have the cutest little bum.  After the sun started to set I grabbed a big towel, wrapped it around you and we went inside for more water fun, but this time it was warm water. Bath time!!!  I love bath time with you.  You get bubbles, all your bath toys, you like to sit under the running water and have it run down your back and you are even getting more adventurous and daring and like to lay on your tummy in the tub! SO CUTE!!!! I love all the little moments you and I share.  I also got a little emotional and realized how thankful and grateful I am that we have the luxury of warm running water, in a nice, safe, warm loving home.  As a mother you want nothing more than to take good care of your children and we have provided ourselves a life where we can do just that, but that is also because we are given that opportunity.  I started thinking of those mom's in Somalia where they can not even provide their children with clean water to drink let alone to play in.  Kind of sad when you think about it.  Girl we are lucky in SOOOOO many ways!

After the bath we played some more had a yummy dinner, relaxed and went to bed. 

Saturday was slept in a little.  Got some coffee, dressed and we hit the road for downtown Salt Lake's Farmer's Market.  We got a tremendous parking spot, loaded you in the stroller and went to the event.  You were dressed Oh So Cute and you were Oh So Good.  You stayed and chilled in your stroller the whole time and just took it all in. The day was beautiful and luckily it wasn't super hot.  We walked around.  We sampled cheeses, peaches, breads, noodles and we even bought a chocolate croissant to share. YUM!!!  As I was feeding you I noticed you are getting 2 molars - one on the bottom and one on top.  OUCH!!  So we sped up the process to get you home and get you some medicine.  But you were still in such a good mood even though I was sure you were hurtin'.  You would sporadically wave at friendly faces. Get a kick out of all the dogs that were there and it was just so much fun being with my super awesome family!!  I love you and your father SOOOOO much and love when we go out and about!

After the Farmer's Market we headed home for nap time.  We all crashed!  We woke up just in time for Grandpa Frank's visit.  He had to work and since it's so close he came over right after.  He was just watching you play and commented on how busy and funny you are.  You were just blabbin' away and going from toy to toy, person to person to climb all over and play with.  After Grandpa's visit we got ready again and headed back downtown for the Greek Festival We arrived and got right in the long food line but luckily it moved fast.  While we in line we were spotted by our friend Nahum (he attended your first birthday party).  We got food, drinks and then went out by the Greek church and ate.  You really liked the food I gave you.  You are such a good little eater.  After you were done eating you wanted to run and play!!  You kept going up the stairs of the church.  We finally did go in the beautiful church.  Then there really isn't too much to do there but eat.  Then we headed over to Todd, Sara and Christian's.  They always get the biggest kick out of you.  We didn't stay too long since we all had a good, full day! We got home and crashed!

Sunday we slept in a little.  Dad made us a yummy breakfast off cheesy eggs and toast.  I cleaned and got all caught up on our laundry.  You and I played ALL day!!  I LOVE days like this.  The three of us walked down the street where there were a butt load of bronze statues for sale.  They have been on the corner all week and I couldn't wait to take you to see the huge 7 foot fake bear, elephants, lions and monkeys.  We walk down there and you were like "eh?"  I was more into it than you.  Then after we walked back, dad went inside and you and I continued our walk and went to the park.  I put you in the swing, we went down a few slides and then you wanted to go back in the swing.  I love you!!  Dad smoked some salmon he bought the day before and you were totally diggin' it.  You really are a good little eater.

I can't get over how much you know and learn.  You climb the stairs up and down like a champ.  You are super hilarious.  You try to dress yourself.  You comb my hair and yours.  You are talking (babbling) a lot more.  You LOVE your books and observe each page before turning it.  You like to feed yourself with your hands.  You are starting to cuddle a bit more.

Monday you had to go with your dad to get the tire fixed.  Look how freaking adorable you are.



I hope that you love your life as much as I love mine.  I want to make sure that every day is a good day for you.  Tonight we are going to the Utah State Fair and we are SOOOOOO excited for you to see all the animals and just have a great night!! 

I love you sweet girl!!

Love,
mom


No comments:

Post a Comment