Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mommy's Little Bookworm

Dear Maizy,

You are quite the bookworm and I LOVE it.  Some evenings or weekends when I am doing house chores and you are in your room playing I peek in on you quite frequently, especially when you get all quiet, and there you are just sitting on your floor reading your books.  You love your books!


I think you look so grown up in this picture :(
At night when I get home and we play you will hand a book to me to read to you.  You have your favorite book already!  It's a darling little animal book that has pictures of tonz of animals and their mommies too.  We look at every page and I make a different sound for every animal!  Even the rabbit!  The fish, monkey and bee sound always make you laugh.  We read this book over and over, but I LOVE every minute of it because we get to cuddle and usually you are too busy to cuddle, so I soak it all up.  And even though I make a different sound for each animal when you see an animal on t.v. or other books you make the "Rrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaarrrrr" sound, regardless of what animal it is, it's freaking adorable!!  

I adore that you love to read.  I get the biggest kick out of watching your eyes and long eyelashes as they move across the page and look at all the detail.  You truly are a little bookworm and quite the smarty pants.


You are getting quite the extensive library.  Grandma Annette started you a collection of the awesome Little Golden Books, but you can't read those until you're a little bit older.  You like to tear the pages out of the books if you can and either eat the pages or rip them up and hand them to me.  So cute!! 

Here are a few of your fave books. 

This book came from Grandma Donker's house.

I bought this book at Gardener Village for you when you were just 2 months old.

I can't read this book to you without crying!


You got this book from Cousin Tom and it's just darling!

I also bought this one at Gardener Village and it's quite cute.

We bought this for you on our second trip to Hogle Zoo, it's adorable!


Never stop reading.

I love you very much!  Thank you for being you!! 
Love,
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment