Friday, April 27, 2012

Life Lessons

Dear Maizy,

As your mother I have taught you and will continue to teach you all kinds of things, some small, some big, but you have also taught me so many things and continue to teach me every day.

For example, you have taught me to live more spontaneously.  You don't plan things and just go with the flow and we tend to do this on the weekends and I LOVE it.  Plus we've had things planned before and you've decided to take a nap or be a pill, so we change plans.  I wasn't sure if I would ever adapt to living like that, but I have and now I wouldn't have it any other way. My favorite and best days are when we have no plans and we just go where the wind takes us.

I love and admire your sense of adventure.  You are always trying new things and will try and try again until you get the outcome you want.  As adults we restrict ourselves from trying new things and don't even try because we don't think we can do it, well how lame is that.  I have become more adventurous for sure since you've come into my life.

I can't get enough of watching you imagine and create things.  You have an amazing imagination and that is a great strength!  Never let that go away. Keep imaging and creating.  You will go far in life with this trait.  Imagination drives our dreams and the curiosity to chase them.  Go get them babe!  I have definitely regained my imagination since admiring yours.

I love how you want to play 99% of the time.  It reminds me that life is fun and exciting! It just comes natural to you to play and as I've gotten older I forget how great it feels to let loose and play around.  There doesn't have to be a purpose for every thing we do and you remind me of that. PLUS when you play you laugh and giggle and that is my favorite sound in the whole world. Nothing better than being silly with you!!

You begin everyday with a smile and I LOVE it.  Seriously, it brings tears of joy to me when I go get you out of bed in the morning and you are just smiling and chatting away.  Life doesn't get any better. It reminds me to smile and just be happy!

You have taught me to enjoy life's simple pleasure.  You don't need the newest and greatest toys to have a good time or be happy.  You can have a blast with a paper sack and nothing else.  Life is full of simple pleasures and those are the best!!  you remind me of this all the time.  The other night we were all playing and laughing and I thought it wouldn't matter if we lived in a huge mansion or a shack.  We are happy!  It doesn't matter where we are.

I thank you for all these life lessons and can't wait to see what else we teach each other and for that I thank you!  I thank you a million times!

Our weekend is about to begin and I can't tell you how super, duper excited I am!!!  Woo hoo!!

Love you sweet girl!

Never change!  Keep your enthusiasm and that gorgeous smile.

Love,
m



You at the park yesterday picking flowers.

You at the park today with dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment