Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Monday Came Too Soon!!

Dear Maizy,

Well Monday morning came too soon!!  After a crazy/busy weekend, your super runny nose and lack of sleep I was just not feeling it Monday morning.  Daddy went to work and I was slow getting ready and you didnt' have much sleep, so I decided to call in late to work and let you sleep.  You slept until 11 a.m.!!!  You were in the best mood when you woke up, it was such a beautiful day that I called in to work and we were staying home!! Woo hoo!!!

It was SO nice that we hurried and got in the tub together, got out, got dressed, packed a bag and we were out the door.  We were going to the zoo!!!  Woo hoo!!!

We had a great drive there, singing and enjoying the sunshine.  I brought your sunglasses for you to wear. I would wear mine but a certain someone, um, broke my sunglasses! ; )
Anyway, I pulled up to the zoo and it was PACKED!!!  I couldn't believe it!!! I was tempted to turn around and find something else for us ladies to do.  I decided that if I couldn't find a parking space in 10 minutes we'd leave, well I found one.  I put you in your stroller, put some snacks on the tray of your stroller, handed you your drink and we were on our way.  It was a beautiful day!!

We saw the monkeys first, then the elephants and walked over by the carousel.  We got right on the ride.  We rode the baby giraffe first.  Then when the ride came to a stop you started crying that our turn was over, so we got right back in line and the line was LONG!!! You didn't pretty well but was getting impatient.  Once we got back on the ride you rode the baby elephant.  Then when the ride came to a stop again you starting crying!  Poor girl.  The line was way too long so we got back in the stroller and headed towards the tigers.  There were four of them and one was quite active and was walking around, it was cool to see.  Then we walked over to the gift shop and checked it out.  You were starting to get tired and so was I so we headed toward the exit but not before riding the train.  The line was SUPER long full of SUPER annoying people!!  The train asked for a single rider, so we got to skip in line.  Woo hoo!!  You didn't want to sit on my lap you just sat next to me on the train and your cute little feet were dangling.  I am really sad that I didn't take one picture of our adventure but I have all of it in my head and you were super adorable and amazing. 

After our awesome train ride we went back to the car and headed to Red Robin for lunch.  I knew you'd fall asleep on the way home and I didn't want you to starve.  We sat in a booth at the restaurant and you colored, looked out the window and drank your apple juice while I drank a nice cold beer.  Then we got our food - apple slices and chicken fingers for you and a chicken salad for me!  You were the best lunch date I've ever had.

I had such a fantastic day of playing hooky with you. I want to have mommy and Maizy dates all the time.  They are favorite!!

You fell asleep on the car ride home, then woke up once I got you out of the car.  We went and laid in bad and watched Dora. Then I got started on cleaning the house for company.  Grandpa Frank was coming over with a friend for a light dinner and to give you your Easter present.  We cleaned, had a bath together and Grandma Shelly dropped over briefly and read stories to you while I cleaned and got ready for dinner, Grandma left them Grandpa arrived shortly.  Grandpa fed you some dinner while I made ours.  Dinner was delish!!  We all sat at the table - daddy was still at work - we talked and you entertained us.  After dinner we went into the living room where you opened the gift from Grandpa - a darling Princess sippy cup FULL of coins for your piggy bank!!  What an awesome gift!?!  Then I brought your piggy bank down and we put all the coins in there.

Then Grandpa and his friend left,  we went to bed shortly after.

Thank you for the funnest day!!  You are such a good, good girl.  I LOVE you to the moon and back!!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment