Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sassy pants!

Dear Maizy,

As of 4/26/2012 12:20:11 PM MST
You are 1 years old.
You are 20 months old.
You are 89 weeks old.
You are 621 days old.
You are 14,918 hours old.
You are 895,081 minutes old.
You are 53,704,871 seconds old.

Can you believe it?  I can hardly.  You have grown so fast and so much.  I know I say that all the time but it's just a weird thing to grasp.  I always think what if I never let you sleep - would you never grow and stay this way forever?  I would LOVE that. I think.  Well not really, but this is a fun, fun age.  You are changing every.day!!  It's insane.


Just think you say and learn at least one word a day. Yesterday I heard you say two.  You said "fine!" and just like that.  You were being sassy back to your father.  You weren't cooperating at dinner and dad said "fine, have it your way" and you responded with "fine!" Really!?!?  Wow sassy pants. 

Then you were eating a sucker and said "taste" as you shoved it in my face for a taste.  I've never heard you say that before and you even used it in the right context. 

You say so many words I can't keep up. 

You still love to color and draw. I love watching you do that because you get so into it.  It makes me wonder if you'll be an artist when you grow up but you definitely seem to have an artistic side to you. 

You enjoy sitting and flipping through the pages of your books.  You look at each page and it's like you're studying them. 

You love bath time still.

You LOVE being outside and I don't blame you.  You love to dig in the dirt with your pail and shovel at Grandma's, it's the cutest thing ever. 

Your hair is growing quite long and it curls in the back.  It is just this beautiful golden color but in some lighting it looks strawberry blonde - even other people have commented on that.  Please just promise me you'll never dye your hair!! 

You are still such a good little eater.  You will always at least try something and spit it out of you don't like it, but I admire you for at least trying different things.  You LOVE dipping your food in sauces and even ketchup (gross! I despise ketchup).  You point to whatever it is you want to use as a dip and say "dip, dip" and point to your plate. 

Every time you're in our bedroom playing you will find a pair of my underwear and out it on over your head and wear it around your neck!  It's awesomely entertaining.  Just last night you were in our room watching t.v. - that's your favorite place to watch your "show" - you came downstairs to check on us while we made dinner and you had my undies around your neck.  I just love you!

You are starting to hit people - not random people but me, your dad, Grandpa Glen - anyone that comes towards you for a kiss or hug and if you don't feel like it you swat them.  I am not quite sure where you learned that, but let's hope it's just a phase.

Your favorite shows are Dora the Explorer and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  These are definitely shows that I approve of, but Dora is definitely your all time favorite. 

I sure love your face!  You definitely brighten my days.  Thank you for being such a good, good girl!

Love always,
mom

Look at you!!  you were just a few hours old here.  I remember how soft your skin was, how quietly you breathed, how peacefully you slept. This seems like yesterday. I have been permagrin now for 20+ months.    xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment