Monday, May 7, 2012

Cinco de Mayo

Dear Maizy,

Monday mornings come way too fast!!  We had such a fun weekend.  Friday I left work early and took myself to a movie.  I needed that.  I love you and dad so, so, so much, but I needed some alone time and a dark, cool movie theater seemed like my only solution these days.  After the movie I headed up to Grandma's to pick you up.  Grandpa was home too and you all had a great day!  You are always so happy when you come home from Grandma Donker's.  It's decided because you never hear the word "no!" and get to do whatever you want, so who wouldn't be all smiles. 

We stopped at the grocery store.  You are the best little shopping buddy.  Then we got home and dad pulled up right behind us.  YAY!!  We were all home and the weekend had begun.  We put groceries away then all sat at the table as you ate your dinner - hot dogs, cheese, fruit and juice.  Then you and dad got bored and started playing Rambo!!  Ha ha ha!!  Dad put his belt around his head and we were all cracking up then you wanted to do it too.

See..............



















You are the cutest thing I've ever seen!!  Then we all played and watched Hop (well your dad and I did, you decided to go upstairs and watch Dora), then it was bed time.  You definitely get to stay up later on the weekends and I swear you would stay up all night if we let you.  I can't blame you though I was the same way as a child.

Saturday was Cinco de Mayo.  It's a day of celebration in the states for Mexican heritage and pride and that is just what we did with margaritas and shrimp tacos!!  Yum! 






It tasted way better than it looked!
You didn't get any margarita for obvious reasons and the tacos were too spicy, but we had a great day.  Daddy worked so you and I went shopping at Target.  You scored some new earrings and a darling Minnie Mouse shirt.  After shopping we stopped to get my oil checked.  They had a little play kitchen while we waited for them to check the car and i was getting the biggest kick out of you. You play so well and are so imaginative.  I could have watched you play like that all day long.  Then after that we headed to Grandma Shelly's.  Her and Grandpa were out working in the yard, so she took a break to feed us lunch. 

We headed back home.  You fell asleep on the way and when we got home I carried you up to your bed and you were out!  You slept for 2 1/2 hours.  I drank my margaritas and read my book outside, it was such a beautiful day!  Dad got home from work about the same time you were waking up.  Uncle Paul stayed for a margarita and we all just hung outside and enjoyed the sunshine before it was gone for the day.

Well the sun set, so Uncle Paul left and we came in the house to eat our tacos while you had a ham and cheese sandwich.  We read books after dinner and off to bed we went.

Sunday dad made us yummy orange french toast for breakfast. Then you got a bath and we got ready for the day.  We went to Grandma Annette's.  You played with Sienna outside in her "castle"  that has a slide.  You are a pro at climbing and going down slides.  Oh my gosh you say "castle" so cute!!! Then we jumped on the trampoline.  You were having a blast!!  you would jump up and land on your bum. You were cracking up!! And your hair was all static-y and cute!!  I love watching you laugh, smile and have a good time.

After playing we went inside and played, you girls ate a Popsicle then we headed home.  You slept on the way home and slept some more once we got home.  You were tired!!  You woke up, we ate a yummy dinner of pork chops, peas, carrots and mashed potatoes!  You ate all of it - well actually you didn't like the carrots too much.  Then we went upstairs and I cleaned your room while you and dad wrestled and played.  Your room was messy!!  You decided to pull all of your toys out of your toy box!  I decided that before your second birthday we are going to take a bunch of your toys that you no longer play with to the homeless shelter.  You have too many toys!!

I was thinking about all the words you say and I can't keep up.  You pretty much say whatever your father and I say.  I said "your room is freezing" and you said "freezing" perfectly! As of late you say: crown, castle, kite, umbrella, bike, bus, truck, frog, shoes, you can count one to ten, jammies, Popsicle, no, yes, baby, Dora, all of the characters on Mickey Mouse's clubhouse, Pa-pa, down, done, more, milk, juice, swing, slide, lips (for lip gloss), all your colors, plane, bee, butterfly, stickers, chair, table, light, hair, brush, teeth, potty, jump and pillow.  Ok I tried but I can't do justice for all that you say and know.  It's crazy to witness you growing and changing.  I am trying to soak up every minute with you and trying to take it all in and remember it.  I want to remember the sound of your sweet voice, the smell of your hair and the softness of your skin. It's all so breathtaking.

Then before we knew it our weekend came to a close and it was bed time for all of us.  The weekends go by way too quickly.  Thank you for being such a good, good girl.  You rarely cry and are always smiling and happy. 

I LOVE YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment