Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Family Night, Fun Night

Dear Maizy,


I got home from work last night ready to go on our adventure to the bowling alley.  You were napping when I got home and so I relaxed for a few and changed my clothes. Just then daddy came in the room and said "Honey come here!  You have to see how Maizy is sleeping!"  So we sneakily went into your room to find you sleeping sitting up pretty much with your head against the crib, it looked SO uncomfortable.  Then we noticed you had completely disrobed - pants and diaper were off! We ran to get the camera to take a pic. I can't (don't)  post the nakey baby pic on here, but it's something I am definitely putting in your scarp book.  You woke up right after we snapped the picture.  You were not happy when you woke up and we think it's because your neck was hurting. Poor girl.  You cuddled with me for a few then we got you dressed all cute.  We headed to the bowling alley. You went right to the arcade, pointed to the games and said "money".  You knew the games needed money (tokens), so dad went and got change and we played lots of games and won lots of tickets.  We redeemed our tickets and you got a sucker, a ball, smarties and the guy that works there gave you a clappy thing.  


You were having so much fun just running around the place.  We ordered food and the girls working the concessions told me over and over again how cute and smart you are!  This I know, but I never get sick of hearing it.  Then one girl said, "she's so cute I just want to give her stuff!!"  That made me laugh.  You had a corn dog and fries for dinner - you know the usual healthy bowling alley food!?!?  Then we hung out for a little while longer. 


The cutest thing happened, well I thought it was cute.  you and I were sitting next to each other and your straw fell and I went to pick it up and so did you, so we bonked heads.  We looked at each other and you said, "sorry!"  and smiled.  To me it was so cute and melted my heart.  You didn't need to say sorry, but you already know how to use it in the right context and showed compassion.  I just admire you so much.  Thinking about it just brings tears to my eyes.  I never knew that me and your father would be blessed with such a precious gift and get the best gift of all - having you in our lives.  To be honest I can't imagine life without you and now that I know you I wonder how I was ever happy the years before knowing you, it's just hard to put into words let alone explain.  Just know you are awesome and I love you more than you'll ever know. 


I have so much fun watching you run around and discover things.  You so badly wanted to run down the bowling lanes!! I get it, I mean they do have flashing lights and all.  Dad stopped you from doing that, but you and him did walk down the side of the alley - where the workers go - to get a closer look at the pins and lights.  I LOVE watching you and your dad together.  The love you two have for each other is amazing!!  Daddy is such a good daddy.  


Then you and dad danced around a little bit and it helped distract you from running down the lanes.  You have the best smile and laugh.  When I make you laugh - those are the happiest moments of my day hands down. 


Thanks for a wonderful night last night.  You are with Grandma Donker today and I just know you girls are having fun!  She was SOOOOO excited to have you today.  When I dropped you off first thing you said was "pa pa".  You sure love your Grandpa, but he wasn't there, he was at work.  You will always have more love than you'll know what to do with.


Love you!


love,
mom


This is you yesterday during lunch with dad.  You two always wear each other out!





No comments:

Post a Comment