Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Check's in the mail!

Dear Maizy,

I LOVE being your mom.  I do.  I LOVE it SOOOOO very much.  I take pride in you, our family and being a good mom.  I think I am a good mom.  I do.  Being a mom is the most rewarding but toughest "jobs" I've had yet, and I've had a lot of jobs, but this is by far my favorite!!

I asked a girlfriend of mine way before I had you what it was like being a mom and she said, "it is the coolest thing ever to be a mom, but it's the hardest.  You do SO much for them and you don't get thank you's or get paid!"  I have always remembered that because at times being a mom is tough and at times it feels like a job, a great one, but a job, that you are doing for free and not even getting a thank you!! I work hard at home being a mom, harder than I do at work and I think that is why mom's work.  Ha ha ha! 

It's more important to me to be the best mom that I can be than be employee of the month.  I mean I do my job and I do it well, but it's just so routine and "automatic."  Being a mom is not.  Everyday is an adventure with you. 

For example, last night!!  You are still healing from an awful diaper rash, you were tired and nothing was making you happy!  At work you can put things off until the next day, ask a co-worker for help or just send an email to resolve it, you can't do that as a mom.  You have to assess the situation, think clearly and FAST!!!  I love the challenge most nights, but last night I was TIRED and not feeling that great either.

Anywho, I tried everything. Your fave shows, nope. Your fave toys, nope. Toys that you haven't played with in a while, nope.  Treats, nope. Juice, nope.  Comfy jammies and warm socks, nope.  Blowing bubbles in the house, YES!!  That was it.  You were finally happy and smiling.  Bubbles, who knew!?!  We blew bubbles for a good hour.  You tried it too!  We were both finally smiling.  I LOVE you!!  It's the moments like that I LOVE and I hope I never forget!!

I turned on the movie Babies, one of my faves.  Grandma Shelly and I went to the theater to see it while you were in my tummy, so that movie has a special place in my heart.  Anyway, I would point to the baby in the movie and you would say "baby"  so cute!!  There are also cows, goats and dogs in the movie that got your attention too!  You were making the appropriate animal sound - you're SO smart!!

Overall, it was a great night although I was hesitant to think that at first.  I like when you challenge me though.  Lately you have been melting my heart when we are playing and just hanging out you will come up to me on your own and kiss me!  A big wet, open mouth kiss!! I LOVE it SOOOOOO very much!  It's better than any thank you or check in the mail, it reminds me of why I am a mom and just how very, very lucky I am to have you as my daughter!  When you kiss me your dad gets jealous and wants a kiss too!  You don't give them out very often or to too many people, so when we do get them our hearts can't help but melt!

Thank you for being SO amazing!!

I LOVE you!!

Love,
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment