Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Mommy's little monkey!!!

Dear Maizy,

You like to climb, there is no doubt about that!!  You will climb up on top of something and still try to figure a way to get higher and higher!

It all started Friday evening when not only did you climb up on top of the coffee table, you started tap dancing as well.  Luckily your father and I were both there, but even then it was frightening - for us anyway, but you were thoroughly enjoying yourself.  You were just giggling having a great time along with your adoring fans in the audience!!


THEN Saturday morning while your dad was putting your toy box together he called me to your room to witness this......... Yikes!!



 
YES!  That is you.  Standing in your toy baby stroller, backwards, and still trying to climb higher!  After the photo op I made you get off the stroller before you got hurt!  Whew!

Then throughout the day you continued to do the usual climb up and down the stairs, which you have never fallen down, knock on wood!!  Climbed up the table to the t.v. Climbed all over your high chair and all over us.

Come Sunday when it was supposed to be a peaceful evening you gave me two, yes two, heart attacks.

The first being when I was in the kitchen talking to your father while you were supposed to be in the living room watching t.v. Next thing I hear is you SCREAMING!!  We run in there and you have a big noggin above your left eye.  You were climbing up the t.v. stand, yanked out the drawer that came flying out and got you pretty hard right above the eye.

See..................


Then maybe about an hour later you went up to your room to play which has never, ever been an issue.  I again was in the kitchen talking to your father when we heard the loudest noise EVER!!!  I was screaming running up the stairs with your father behind me.  We come in to your room to find your dresser, yes your six drawer dresser, tipped over with all the drawers tipped out and one drawer on your foot!! OMG!!!  We were freaked.  I picked you up gently and we felt you for broke n bones but luckily none and you only cried for a minute.

Do you know how luck you are?  Do you know how freaked out we were?  It could have been much worse when we thought about it.  You do have a HUGE piggy bank FULL of coins that could have knocked you out!!  A lamp that could have shattered!!  Whew!!

So there you have it.  There are my two heart attacks in one short evening - too many if you ask me!!  No more please.  I try to see the brighter side of all this.  I LOVE that you are a curious little girl.  I LOVE your determination.  I do LOVE that you are strong and full or drive.  I LOVE you!  I wouldn't change you for anything.  I LOVE that you are capable of so much in such a little body.

Love you always!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment