Friday, October 28, 2011

Ready for the snow!

Dear Maizy,

Well winter is definitely on it's way.  Last year you were too tiny to play in the snow and since you were so little and new we just stayed in most nights and kept warm.

I have a feeling this year is going to be a little different.  I think you are going to want to play in the snow and play we will!! 

I remember playing in the snow as a child and loving it!!  We had snow ball fights, built snow forts and little ramps for our sleds. 

I am looking forward to making snowmen with you and feeling the coldness of snow on our tongues.  Winter is a little long and rough here in Utah, but I LOVE the winter sunsets, the way the mountains look with snow on them,  the cold air that wakes you up in the mornings, snuggling up at night, warm soups and hot chocolate.  I especially love wearing big sweaters, scarves and boots!  Wrapping up in a big blanket to watch a movie and eat treats!

Winter is a favorite time of year for me.  I have TONZ of memories of snow and winter as a child. Getting creative and entertaining myself when it's too cold and dark to be outside.  Baking cookies and the house smelling yummy. 

I am looking forward to spending my favorite time of year with you doing and enjoying all of those things and look you're all ready for it too!

These snow pants were sent from California from Cousin Tom.  She did a great job huh!?!
 Love you lots and lots!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment