Tuesday, November 15, 2011

15 Months Old!

Dear Maizy,

You are 15 months old today (well yesterday)!!  Crazy how time flies, it actually makes me really sad.  I wish I could hit the "pause" button and make life  slow down. just.for.one.minute. 

We had a fabulous weekend together.  Friday I got home from work and we went to Wal-Mart to do some much needed shopping.  You don't like to sit in the cart like most children, you prefer to stand up in the cart, wave to people, reach out for things and grab random things to put in the cart.  Tonz of people would smile and wave at you, comment on how beautiful you are and I know you brightened some sad people's evening for sure.  I mean we were at Wal-mart on a Friday night.

We were at Wal-Mart longer than any other person should be.  We were all starving so we stopped at Atlantis burger for salad and sandwiches on our way home.  Then you and I went and played in your room before bed time. You are so fun to watch and play with.

Saturday we woke up, dad fixed us breakfast and we got busy making a birthday cake for Christian's birthday.  We were pretty pleased with the way it turned out.  Then you decided to take a nap around the time that we should have been leaving for the party.  Yikes!



We finally arrived at the party and you were SO cute!  It had been a year since some of the party guests had seen you and they were getting quite a kick out of how much you've grown and how dang cute you are!?!  You kept wanting Sara's sister-in-law, Afton, to hold you.  You are always attracted to pretty people, she is pretty.  She held and carried you around.  All the kids were playing in the bedroom and you would go in there once in a while to check out the action.  All the kids were so cute and shared their candy with you.  I love watching you interact with other kids. 

There was a baby at the party that you were fascinated by, but you kept patting her little chest and it was freaking me out.  I remember when you were a baby and kids would do that to you and I didn't like it.  You are quite fascinated with babies, it's adorable!  When at the store we walk down the doll aisle.  I LOVE hearing you say "baby" at all the dolls as you point them out.  You also point them out on the diaper boxes too, so freakin' cute!!  I love your sweet little voice.

After the party we headed up to Grandma's house for dinner.  Brittany and Patrick were there too!  It was a lot of fun.  Grandma and Brittany took turns reading you stories.  You were also quite entertaining with your stepping stool - turning it upside down and sitting in it. 

Sunday we slept in until 10:45am!  You're the best.  Got ready for the day.  I dropped you off at Grandma Donker's and I headed to a friends house to work on some Christmas crafts.  I missed you dearly, but you played and played at Grandma's and had a ball!!

Thanks for the awesome weekend!!  15 months already!?!?!  Where did the time go.

Love you!!

Love,
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment