Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Our weekend.

Dear Maizy,

We had another successful, fun weekend!  I never doubt that we will, but I am here to tell you all about it.  Friday night I got home and we played and played and played. 

Saturday I woke up to the power being out and it SNOWED!  I was supposed to go to a seminar but with the power being out and snow on the ground -  what better excuse than to stay warm in bed!?!?  The power came on about an hour later.  The baby monitor was plugged in so when it came back on I heard you in your room blabbin' away.  I LOVE listening to you talk to yourself in your room, then I like to sneakily open your door and spy on you. Sometimes you are lying there with your toes in the air trying to touch them, sometimes you are talking to your bear and pointing to it's facial features, sometimes you are screaming for someone to come in and get you!  This particular morning you were playing with a balloon that was near your crib - would you believe we've had this same balloon going on two months now - crazy huh!?!  I know, I know having a balloon near your crib is not safe, but when we put you to bed it was floating on the ceiling.  Please don't call the authorities. ; )
Anyway, you squealed when you noticed me spying.  I picked you up, we chatted as we walked down the stairs.  I got coffee for me and toast and jam for you.  You are always in the best moods in the mornings. I LOVE it!!  Well I knew that giving you yummy jam for breakfast would require a bath right away.  After breakfast you got in the tub, played and played then we got ready for the day! We decided that while the sun was out and it was a beautiful day we'd run some errands.

I opened the door and showed you the snow I had in my hand - you grabbed it out of my hand and ATE it!  I don't blame you, so I ate some too!  Didn't seem to taste as I remembered like it did 25+ years ago.

Well we got you all bundled up and ran our errands.  See.......




You pretty much fell asleep as soon as we pulled out of the driveway.  I went to a few shops while dad stayed in the car with you.  You slept for a good hour and most likely would have slept longer if I didn't zoom over a speed bump that woke you up - sorry about that! I did feel really bad, but you were happy, smiling and just happy to be out and about.

Then we got home.  You grabbed an apple that was sitting on the table and started eating it.  I could see that the skin of the apple was tough for you to eat, so I peeled it for you.  It was so cute to watch you eat this big apple!  You were loving it.  Loving it so much that you decided to rub the apple in your hair and all over your face.  Bath time!  It was your second bath for the day!!  You crack me up!

You love the bath.  You like to lay on your tummy in the bath and lean back and put your head in the water.  I like bath time more now that you are bigger and more durable!!  It was so scary when you were little, had soap on your little body and was so slippery.  Bath time would give me slight heart attacks when you were a wee little baby!


After bath time and getting you dressed in comfy warm clothes we just stayed warm and inside the rest of the day!  Grandma came over around 9pm to give us some chili that Grandpa Glen made - yummy!  We played in your room and Grandma helped me get you ready for bed. 

Sunday we woke up, had breakfast and played.  Grandpa Frank came over around 12:30pm and I have never, ever seen you SO shy.  You were holding on to me and burying your head in my chest.  You were walking around and covering your face.  We were cracking us up!!  Your father and I had never seen you act like that.  I had such mixed emotions - I liked that you were being shy because you were cuddling with me which you don't like to do near enough in my book, but I felt bad that you don't see your Grandpa enough - um, I've seen you friendlier with strangers.  Grandpa brought you some yummy fruit bars, so you and Grandpa had one while we chatted and played.  You eventually warmed up to Grandpa..............as he was leaving.  He needs to come around more - what do you think!?!

After Grandpa left you took a long overdue nap,  I finished my book and your dad watched football, it was a fantastic, quiet, relaxing Sunday.

Our weekends always go by SOOOOO fast!!!  Thanks for the awesome weekend and for being such a good girl!

I love you!!
Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment