Wednesday, November 23, 2011

List of Thanks

Dear Maizy,

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and this is the time of year we think about all the things we are thankful for and give our thanks.  Here is my list of thanks.

You - for bringing so much love and joy to my life.  When I think about it I can't help but get teary eyed knowing how much God has blessed me. I Love You!

Your Dad - his kindness, love, knowledge, and patience have taught me so much.  I Love Him!

My Mom - she does SOOOOO much for our family.  She gives, gives and gives of herself, time and money without even thinking twice about it.  We would not be where we are without her.  Bless her.

My Grandma - she loves and cares about you so much.  She is always SO willing to watch over you when we work. I know you are in the best care possible when you're with her.  She bathes you, plays interactively with you, cuddles you, feeds you your favorite foods, she makes the most comfortable place for you to nap, washes your clothes when you're there, praises your every move, gloats over your beauty and knowledge.  We love her!


My job - it offers me the stability to provide for my family.  The insurance benefits are exceptional and for that I am thankful.

Our home - it's getting more and more comfortable.  It's warm, nice, affordable and it's full of love! I love watching how comfortable you are in our home and how you still find areas to explore.

Running Water - seriously though.  We are so lucky for warm running water.  I really appreciate it especially at your bath time.  I truly am a thankful mom for this.  You want your children to be happy, healthy and clean and this luxury provides it for us.

Freedom - the freedom to think, want, say whatever we as Americans want.  As a mother of a strong, young daughter I am assured that you may always be as independent as you desire and everything that you  strive for is at your finger tips - this is definitely something to be thankful for.

Internet - to be able to keep in touch with friends and family.  Share your pictures and my thoughts with you and be able to write a "blog", to have the ability right at my finger tips to look up anything I want to know is simply amazing.

Grocery Stores - to be able to walk into a clean facility that contains anything and everything my materialistic heart desires is a blessing. I know that people in other areas of the world don't have the luxury of experiencing.  If you're sick and you need medicine it's readily available, hungry - I can fix that too!! We are really quite lucky.

I believe our lists of things to be thankful for change each year.  I think back even 2 years ago how my list has changed dramatically.

I have so much to be thankful for and I am.  Having a family of my own is so amazing and I am so very thankful and blessed.  I have been humbled in so many ways.  I try to judge less and love more. Not sweat the small stuff and just take and enjoy life for what it is.

I can't wait to help you and read all of your "lists of thanks" each year.

Well tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  It's the first one where I get to stay home and prepare the dinner.  Your dad is in charge of the turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes and I am in charge of the cornucopia salad, pies, appetizers and veggies.  Grandpa Frank is coming over to join us for dinner.  Then we are going up to Grandma Shelly's for dessert.  It's going to be a wonderful day and the best part about it is I get to spend time with my favorite people - you and your dad! 

Here's to many, many more Thanksgivings and memories.

Cheers!!

I love you!

Love,
mom

Can you believe this is you a year ago!?!?  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment