Monday, January 30, 2012

Pretty Good Weekend!

Dear Maizy,

We had a pretty good weekend!  Grandma Shelly watched you on Friday while your father and I worked.  I got off work at noon to go get ready for Aunt Britt's b-day party plus I had to make cupcakes - well I wanted to make them!  After work I headed up to Grandma Shelly's to visit you since you were going to sleepover and I wouldn't see you until Saturday afternoon.   You were pretty excited to see me when I arrived to Grandma's and you got on your Dora 4-wheeler and were chasing me around! Then we shared a snack and I had to sneak out to go to the grocery store. 

I did everything I needed to do at home then headed to Little America Hotel where were staying for the evening.  See, we were meeting a group of friends and having drinks at a bar, Keys on Main,  and I got the hotel room so we didn't have to drive home.
I got to the hotel and relaxed in a bubble bath before Aunt Brittany got to the hotel to get ready, then your dad met us there after work and we all walked over to the bar together!  We missed you dearly.  We did have a good night out and Aunt Brittany had lots of fun as they sang Happy Birthday to her!


After the bar we went back to the room where I fell asleep, it was a crazy week!  I called Grandma when I woke up and she and Grandpa Glen had a great time with you.  You all stayed up until after midnight!!!  And you all fell asleep in the same bed plus one of their dogs!!  You slept through the night just fine and slept in until 11a.m. - you are so my daughter! Grandma gave me the go ahead to go out to breakfast, take a nap, take my time to go get you, so your father and I went out to breakfast to Bayleaf Cafe where I devoured this...........


Chicken and Waffles Baby!  Salty Sweet!  YUM!

Then after breakfast and our adventure into a crazy bookstore we made our way back to the car to find a parking ticket!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!  Yes, a stupid parking ticket.  Um, it was on a Saturday and I was parked in a freight loading/unloading area!!  Whatever!!

Then I went and picked you up.  I couldn't get to you fast enough!!!  You were pretty happy to see me I think.  Then we went home, played, cuddled and took naps!!

Sunday we woke up, drove dad to work, then went to Aunt Brittany's.  Then us girls went out for brunch.  You were SOOOOO good!  You always are.  Then we went to the mall to find me a dress for my corporate meeting taking place the next day!  UGH!!! Shopping for myself is SO not fun right now.  I had you in your stroller and you were being so good and since there wasn't that many peeps at the store I let you out of your stroller to run around and run around you did!  You looked so freakin' cute.  Grandma Shelly bought you the cutest little pink boots and you were lovin' being free!!!  You do the cutest thing were you run around with your eyes squinted shut and laugh - not very safe, but super adorable!

Then we went back to Aunt Brittany's house, Grandpa got home from fishing, and he bought us KFC for dinner.  It was a good night.  You sat on Grandpa's lap and fed the dogs leftover chicken.  You had a great time doing that!

Then dad met us there after work and we all went home and since you didn't have a nap all day, yes, that's right - not one nap - you fell asleep on the way home, we put you in your crib when we got home and you stayed asleep until morning.  You were worn out!!

Thank you for the fabulous weekend!!  Oh check out this most super darling pic dad took.  I am in love with you two


Thank you for being such a big girl!  A good girl and just for being so damn cool!!  I love you!!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment