Friday, February 17, 2012

18 Month Check-up!!

Dear Maizy,

You had your 18 month Check-up with the doctor this morning.  I woke you up, gave you a bath and daddy got you all dressed and ready while I got ready.  Our appointment was at 10:30 a.m. We got there right on time.  We checked out the aquarium in the waiting room and then we got called back and waited for an HOUR!!  Yes, an hour to see the doctor. Keeping you preoccupied for an hour is quite the chore.

You wanted to play on the doc's computer SO bad!!  And twirl on her chair.  Twirl we did.  Then I decided to whip out my make-up and that kept you busy for a while, you were having a great time putting the eye shadow on your eyes and arms.




Finally the doctor came in and she said how excited she was to see us and a "rockstar" baby!! We discussed all the things you say and do and you are definitely "not your average bear" the doc said.  You are well above average.  You weigh 20.83 pounds are in the 7% for your age group, you are in the 33% for your height and although your head is small (3%) you are perfect and very proportionate. 

They also had me complete a questionairre regarding autism and she said that you are the furthest baby from autism.  That's a relief for any parent to hear, though it never crossed my mind.  She also gave us fantastic news - you didn't need any shots!!  Woo hoo!!  We are all up to date on them so that was good. 

I was so sad that it took the doc so long becuase I wanted us to go on a lunch date before I had to go back to work.  Ugh!!  I dropped you off at Grandma and Grandpa Donker's and Oh My Gosh!  They were so excited to see you and you them.  Grandma was holding you and I leaned in to give you a kiss goodbye and you pushed me away, then you realized I just wanted a kiss, so you gave in and gave me a kiss!  I was sad to leave you but I had to go back to work and you were super happy to be at Grandma's, it's cool that you and your Great-Grandma have such a beautiful relationship and that you two get to know each other a lot of kids don't get that experience.  I knew a few of my Great-Grandma's but we were never really close and I didn't know a lot about them. 

Anyway, thanks for being such a rockstar of a baby!! 

Oh and check out these cute shoes you and I got before visiting Grandpa at the cluhouse last night!


Thanks for being so awesome.  So smart.  So well behaved.  So patient with me.  So beautiful inside and out.

I love you!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment