Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sad, sad face!!

Dear Maizy,

Sometimes on my lunch break I run errands or grab a bite to eat and every single time I see a mom with her child or children and I instantly get a sad face and my heart starts to hurt, it makes me miss you a TON!!



I also can't help but be a little jealous of these mom's that get to spend time during the day with their children.  I would love nothing more in this world to not work and just be with you all day laughing, learning, reading books, bath time, watching cartoons, giggling, playing chase, playing in the kitchen, coloring, talking, doing chores together, watching funny you tube videos, tickle time, brushing our teeth, counting, doing puzzles, taking walks, going to the park, pointing to airplanes in the sky, naming all the colors that we see, counting cars and people as they pass by, playing peek-a-boo, eating lunch together, strolling around the mall, singing itsy bitsy spider, having you help with the laundry 9you get a kick out of helping me), eating a treat together and sharing a diet coke.  I could go on forever!  I miss you every day. I do!

Then I start to wonder if those mom's truly know how lucky there are.  When I hear a mom yell at her children in the check out line at the store I so badly want to tell them how lucky they are to be with their children, to enjoy every minute together and quit yelling!  It frustrates me.  I have a lump in my throat just thinking about it.

So instead of being sad face all day.  I think about my awesome job and how lucky I truly am to have such a good job with awesome benefits and the fact that I can provide for my family and I hope one day you appreciate and focus on that instead of me not being able to be with you during the day.  I know a lot mom's work - I tried to find an updated statistic in numbers, but couldn't find anything on the Internet - my mom worked growing up and I think that it made my sister and I more independent and really cherish and value the time we did get to spend together and I hope you'll feel the same way.  I do that now. I LIVE for the weekends and our evenings together!!

You are just growing SO fast and I don't want to miss a thing!!

I love you sweet girl!  I will try not to be sad!

Thanks for being so great and patient with me.

Love you!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment