Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Dear Maizy,

Happy Valentine's Day!!!  It's also dad's birthday too!  We are going to continue our tradition of a steak and lobster dinner this evening.  Yum, yum!!  I can't wait.  Then I am going to make dessert - chocolate molten cake with raspberries. It really has been a fun evening in the past and I know tonight will be great too and full of memories!!

Well the Valentine Festivities have already begun!  Last night after work you and I dropped by Grandpa Frank's to drop off the yummy sugar cookies (not heart shaped) and caramel-chocolate dipped pretzels we made.  We visited for a few and ate some of Grandpa's yummy spaghetti!  Grandpa also had a gift for you!  A darling little Dora doll!  He even put it in a cute little princes bag for you!  I was quite impressed with his efforts. Then after Grandpa's we went and picked up dad at Uncle Paul's since he was helping him with some work.  We visited for a minute with Uncle Paul and you played with some kids that were there.  You didn't want to leave and I felt bad making you but we had to finish our visiting.

We finally got you in your car seat - what a struggle that was!?!  Then we headed to go see Grandma Annette.  Grandma and Sienna were the only ones awake, well, it was 9 p.m..  You gave Sienna some cute  ladybug earrings with a Valentine.


 Then we gave Grandma her cute ladybug planter.  She LOVED it!!  Along with a card that you signed!!
The plant that was in our planter was WAY cuter!
We only stayed for a minute since it was SO late, but not before Grandma could feed you marshmallows and you found the m&m's. 

Daddy and I got you a cute little gift for you to open tonight too!  We got you a darling little Leapfrog Laptop that helps you learn the alphabet and spell, plus it's super cute.  Then I also came across the most touching book On The Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman.  The book has beautiful illustrations and I just found a place that you can buy them and the words are absolutely beautiful, so meaningful and so true

"On the night you were born,
the moon shone with such wonder
that the stars peeked in
to see you
and the night wind whispered,
'Life will never be the same.'
Because there had never been
anyone like you...
ever in the world."

I can't wait to read this book to you and for you to read it back to me one day.  I LOVE Valentine's Day for a few reasons.  One being that it's also your dad's birthday and it's also a great day to remind those that you love and appreciate.  I could not be the mother that I am if I didn't have such an awesome daughter, a remarkable partner, a doting mother, a fun-loving father, a listening sister and a wonderful caring Grandmother.  I love you all more than words and more than my actions will ever show! I was very unaware of how much love my heart could hold. 

Happy Valentine's Maizy!

I love you very much!

Love,
mommy 

No comments:

Post a Comment