Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day: Part 2

Dear Maizy,

I had the best Valentine's Day yet!  It was kind of crazy though I must admit with having to drive all over town.  After work I hurried and went to the grocery store since Grandma said you were still taking your nap.  She mentioned "it's like Christmas up here!"  I replied "Oh no! There is tons of traffic and it's snowing!?!"  She laughed and said, "No, you should see all the gifts we have up here!"  Oh gosh!  So since you were still sleeping  I ran around the store like a mad woman since we still had lots to do.  Luckily, I found everything I needed.  Whew!

Then I drove to Grandma's and you were still sleeping so that gave me time to wrap dad's birthday gifts!  Then you woke up and you opened all of your Valentine's gifts - you really would have thought it was Christmas!  Here is everything you got - just at Grandma's house.

Grandma Shelly ~  3 shirts, a darling pink black and white outfit, a card, 2 pairs of pants, cute pink fuzzy slippers, a teddy bear, m&m's and a darling Elmo book.

Grandma Donker ~ a heart shaped Dora book, a darling black, white and silver Hello Kitty outfit, some stickers, a cute pop-up Valentine's card and a festive Valentine's Day stuffed lion.

Aunt Laurie ~ a Dora sticker book (you love your stickers), Jingle the Dog and his book (he barks at certain parts of the book, it's a Hallmark thing), a darling shirt and pants.

After we opened ALL of your presents we hit the road to go home and cook our delicious dinner.  Then we got stuck in a traffic jam for 30 minutes!  Ugh!!  But you did SO good in the car considering 30 minutes is your total car ride limit!

Then we got home and daddy was waiting for us.  He was in a great mood as always and was super excited to see us!!  You played with some of your new toys and snacked while dad and I prepped for dinner.  Oh and by this time it's 8 o'clock.  We definitely got a late start and the night was going by too fast!

Dinner was finally ready and O.M.G.  was it AAAAAAAA-MAZING!!!  Our steaks were mouth watering and delicious, the lobster was succulent, the asparagus was roasted perfectly and even the baked potato with all the fixins' was to die for!!  You enjoyed the steak and potato the most.  You wouldn't even try the lobster or the asparagus.  It was the most anticpated and delicious dinner yet!!  The steaks were SO huge that your father and I couldn't even finish them especially since we had to save room for my dessert - Gooey Chocolate Cake with Berries!

After dessert, by this time it's 11 p.m. it was a late night for all of us -  we finished opening gifts.  Daddy opened all of his cards and presents from us, Grandma Shelly and Grandma Donker. He definitely got spoiled and so did I!!

You opened the gift from us - the Leap Frog Lap Top - and you LOVED it!!  We were SO glad!!  It really is a cool learning toy!  I sent it with you to Grandma's today to play with!
Well thank you for the WONDERFUL Valentine's Day! It really was a terrific evening!! We had a wonderful time and I know dad did too!! 


Valentine's Day 2011

Time flies!  I remember last Valentine's perfectly. You were only 6 months old!!

I LOVE You!!!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment