Friday, February 24, 2012

I LOVE Fridays!

Dear Maizy,

I LOVE Fridays.  I mean I LOVE the weekends more and any other day I don't have to work but Fridays at work come with anticipation and excitement of when the clock hits five, I head home and get to see your beautiful smiling face!!  Usually on Fridays we just hang out and home and catch up on all the cuddling we may not have gotten in on the weekends.  I sip on wine, we turn up the radio, dance around while dad fixes dinner and we all have perma grins.

You have been 18 months old for 11 days now and I have noticed a big change in you as crazy as that may sound, but I have.  I mean you count to 5 with no problems.  You have a puzzle with animals and I say "where's the polar bear?" and you point to the correct animal you'll even make their sound, it's amazing and so cool to watch your beautiful eyes gaze across the puzzle and widen when you come across the animal I asked you to find, it's freakin' cool!!  You truly are so bright, full of life and personality.  You are starting to show your emotions with much more expression than you have in the past.  It's great but challenging as well.  You continue to fight going to bed and we are experiencing some conflicts when you spend all day with a Grandma then have to come home to us and don't get your way like you did all day.  I am sure it's rough on you too, but I'd have to say it's rougher on us since you throw tantrums.  I am not sure the best way to handle them.  I read on the best way to handle them and there is some conflicting info out there.  I'll just try and do my best I promise!

You now say "mom" and "mommy" on a regular basis - FINALLY!  I think you were holding out on me on purpose! ; )

I posted this pic because I LOVE it!!  and because you are growing so fast.  I remember this day and it seems like a life time ago.


Well this weekend is going to be great.  First of all, we get to be together.  Then you have a friend's birthday party tomorrow at a bounce house type place.  I have never taken you to anything like it, so I am a little nervous for the unexpected and if any kid is rough near you or hurts you Mama Bear will be joining the party real quick.  Then Grandma Shelly offered to take you overnight on Saturday, it's a nice offer but I am a little apprehensive, so we'll see. 

I just live for our weekends.

Happy Friday!

Love you babe!

Love,
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment