Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Artsy Fartsy

Dear Maizy,

The three of us went to the Salt Lake Arts Festival Sunday afternoon.  It was a blast!!! You were a huge hit - NO JOKE!!  Your dad put you on his shoulders and you were loving it.  You were waving to everyone and smiling your huge beautiful smile. You were yelling at those that had their back to you then some would turn around and smile back to you.  Strangers were asking to hold you, it was unreal.  There is no greater thing than sharing your beautiful face with everyone.  You have the most contagious smile and laugh!!! 



We got there and it was freakin' HOT!!!!  So we got a beer, got you some juice and a ham and cheese crepe and watched you play in the shade, it was great!!  You were walking around, climbing all over me and your dad, playing with his wallet and waving at passerbys.  I love being with your father and you.  I am truly very blessed!!



Then after we ate we walked around and looked at all the exhibits.  Oh but prior to the festival we also stopped at the People's Market at the Peace Gardens.  An old lady gave you a crocheted barrette for when you do get hair! ; )  I bought a really cool handmade hat and you just smiled and waved at everyone, so that when we got the Arts Festival you were already primed!!

Ok so back to the Arts Festival.  We walked around  and we actually bought you this cool print from the artist.  He signed it, but it didn't make it home with us!  I lost it!!!  It fell out of the stroller when I was racing you and your dad back to the car :(



We were at the festival all afternoon.  I am just thankful for having you and your father in my life.  You are such a good, happy and beautiful baby!!  I cherish all the minutes we get to spend together.  I thank God all the time for giving you and your father to me.  I am a lucky, lucky girl!!



I think our busy weekend wore you out.  You slept a lot yesterday and was still kind of recovering Tuesday as well.  This weekend is the 4th of July and it's going to be SO fun!!!  Plus your Aunt Brittany gets in town - YAY!!!

Love you!!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment