Tuesday, June 7, 2011

No Regrets!

Dear Maizy,

I was supposed to go to Wendover last Saturday for a bachelorette party.  Two hours before I was supposed to leave you overnight for the first time I called and cancelled!!!  I just couldn't do it!!  Yes, I ticked a few people off by cancelling, but I had NO REGRETS with my decision.  After I bailed out I instantly felt better - no more stress and that fact that I wasn't going to miss a day with you I felt a huge sigh of relief.  That decision goes on my Best Decision List - you are on the top of that list by the way!!

So the three of us went to breakfast to Dee's in Bountiful.  That place wasn't as good as I remember, but the the service was great and it was a beautiful day!!!  We were among a HUGE senior citizen population for breakfast.  A very old lady with a only one good eye and a walker strolled towards you and you didn't show one ounce of fear - your father and I did.  She was half dead and kind of scary looking.  You are SO great! You just smiled at her and made her day!!!  She touched your arm and then she cradled your face with her wrinkly hand!  I know it was all in good intentions and supposed to be sweet, but we are not a fan of strangers touching you.  Then another elderly patron did the same thing, but this time she rubbed her hand on your head!!  THEN another elderly couple exiting the restaurant did the same thing.  It is all very, very flattering, but we would just never go up to a baby and caress their face. Know what I mean!?!?

Your father has decided next time we go out that you will be accessorized with a "DO NOT TOUCH" sign!  Don't worry - I will make sure it coordinates with your outfit.

You are such a beautiful, happy and uplifting little girl that I know I can't keep you to myself and nor do I want to I love going places and spreading your cheer, exuberance and happiness everywhere we go!

After breakfast we went furniture shopping.  We ran ALL over town and you were such a good, good sport about it.  I LOVE you!!  We went into furniture stores where women asked to hold you - I had to let them!  They were nice sweet older women.  One lady got the biggest kick out of you and said you were "hilarious" and that you must be a "yellow" personality!

I know that your car seat isn't the most comfortable for you when you really want to get out and play, but you did SO well and it made our running around town easier with you being so good.  Don't worry!  We won't make a habit of that.

Here is the dining table we ended up getting after shopping around all day! 



I was having a terrific day and loving my decision to stay home even more!!  Then that evening you and I went up stairs to attempt to put your room together and your father stayed downstairs to clean the kitchen and setup our new table and chairs.

Oh Maizy, Maizy, Maizy!!  You have more clothes than any other little girl known on earth.  You could clothe all the children in Africa!!  And that is where I would like to send all your clothes after you out grow them! SERIOUSLY!!!



We put your crib together this weekend as well.  It was hilarious!  We put you in there for the first time and you were doing "burn outs" as your father called them.  Crawling super fast from one side to the next.  You were cracking us up!!  While I attempted to clean your room I put you in your crib with some toys and you played for a good hour.  You would peek over the side to check on me.  Adorable!





I have a feeling your room is going to take a couple of good solid days to get it put together!! 



Right now your favorite food is mashed potatoes and gravy, buttered toast and anything sweet that I give you tastes of.  You can stand on your own and for a very long time.  You want to walk so bad but I think you psyche yourself out and sit down, it's cute!  When your father and I tell you "no" you smile and do it anyway.  You sleep really well and almost through the whole night.  You love to laugh and put EVERYTHING in your mouth.  You love to kiss, bite, smack and touch dad's head while he is sleeping.  You get the biggest kick out of pulling my hair!!  You are getting better and better at waving hi and goodbye.  You have a Dora ball that you and I sit on the floor and play with that you get a big kick out of.  You love to play and are very good at it!  You love your mommy and daddy TONZ and really enjoy when we're all together.  I can tell that in your smiles and expressions.

You are such a sweet, sweet girl and so much more fun than I ever imagined.  You make me a better person and I have no regrets in declining offers that would pull me away from you!  You are always guaranteed a fun time for me.  Plus you are growing SO fast that I don't want to miss any more than I have to.



I love you!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment