Tuesday, June 21, 2011

YOU DID IT!!!!

Dear Maizy,

You did it!!!  You walked!!!  You did it all by yourself!!!!  It was Saturday June 18th.  Your father and I were in the living room and you walked from the coffee table to me!!!  You took about 2 1/2 steps - it was AWESOME!!!  You did it a little bit more that afternoon but you mostly walk or run while holding on to things.  Our favorite game is I say "I'm gonna get you!!" And you run fast along the couch.  We both get the biggest kick out of it!!

That afternoon we went up to Grandma Shelly's for a Father's Day BBQ where you gave Grandpa Donker this


And Grandpa Glen this


They adored their gifts.  I was even told that Grandpa Donker's stepping stone is placed in their living room!  You are SO loved my sweet baby.  The bbq was a lot of fun and super delicious.  I love your Grandma's very, very much but when we hang out with them it's very stressful for me - "Where's Maizy's blanket?" "Do you have a hat for her?"  "Is this the only blanket you brought?"  "Where is another bib for her?"  "What else did you bring for her to eat?"  "Does she have another shirt? This one has a spot on it."  "Is she wearing sunscreen?"  And this is only the first 30 minutes of being with them!!  *SIGH*

When I complain to your father or my dad about this they just remind me that the cavemen survived and you will too regardless if you have a hat on or not!  They just love you and are super protective.  I am too of course but we all have different ways of showing it.

To celebrate Father's Day with your dad we got him a bbq and a card that recorded you screaming into it.  Then Grandpa Frank came over for dinner too!!  It was a wonderful, wonderful weekend.

Monday back to work was really hard for me.  You and I get SO attached to each other over the weekend that it makes Mondays really hard for me.  Your dad said you woke up Monday morning looking for me, it broke my heart.

I love you and think about you a gazillion times a day!!

Love,
mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment