Friday, July 20, 2012

1st Happy Meal!!

Dear Maizy,


As your parent it's my job to  make sure that you eat healthy, whole foods, but there is that rare exception when we are on the go!  I have threatened your grandma's to never, ever, under any circumstance take you to McDonald's and that if they have to do something fast or easy they may go to a Subway, Jimmy John's or Blimpies.  Well since I am the parent and can make exceptions when I choose McDonald's it was.  We were going to Grandpa's clubhouse to meet him and Aunt Brittany, you hadn't had dinner yet and the only place that was convenient was a McDonald's.  As much as I hated the decision it helped that daddy was on board with it too.  We ordered you a chicken nugget meal that came with super small fries, apple slices, apple juice and of course a toy.  We handed you your Happy Meal and you didn't know what to think.


See.........................






It was really quite cute.  You didn't eat much of the nuggets or the apples but you were digging the fries - I get it, they are delish!  We didn't give you the toy right away as it was kind of a lame one - a figurine of the scary monkey from Ice Age 3.  When we arrived at the clubhouse we gave you your toy and you were like whatev!!


We had a great night at the clubhouse, it's fun to see all these biker dudes oooooooooo and aaaaaawwwwwwww over you!!  And ask to hold you even though you have this super fearful look on your face I politely decline!


You had a great time playing on the pool table, jumping on the couch, dancing and eating candy. At one point you and I were dancing while you were standing in the couch and you were laughing hysterically - that was my favorite part of the night! Overall, it was a pretty fun night, but we weren't there long as it was a work night. 


Well the weekend is approaching and we are super excited!  We are supposed to go camping and fishing, but the details are up in the air.  I am strongly debating on taking you or not as I don't know all the details and think that if it was just the 3 of us that would be a blast no doubt, but with Grandpa Frank and his friend I am not sure!  Your dad really wants you to go, as do I,  but I just worry about the sleeping situation, the weather and the lack of details.  I do know that if you spent the day/night with Grandma Shelly or Grandma Donker you would have a guaranteed fantastic time.


I guess we'll see what happens.


I Love You Babe!!


Thanks for letting me be your mommy.


Love,
mom



No comments:

Post a Comment