Tuesday, July 10, 2012

4th of July: Part 2

Dear Maizy,


I wish we could have slept in more on my day off, but we had a full, exciting day planned.  We woke up and got ready to join Grandma and Grandpa Glen to the Country Club.  Woo hoo!!!


The boys were golfing and us girls were going to hang out at the pool all day.  


We got all ready with our swimming gear, then G-ma and G-pa picked us up in the truck and we headed to the country club about 30 minutes away.  The country club is in Alpine and they had a huge forest fire that started the day before, it was quite sad. 


We arrived at the club, the valet helped us unload and out our stuff for the pool in a golf cart.  Grandma drove us girls up to the entrance in the golf cart - you helped steer.


We went in and got seated for some breakfast. Us grown up sipped on some bloody Mary's. the boys left to golf and us girls stayed and enjoyed our breakfast.  You were more into the crayons and goody bag you were given.  We just chilled until the pool opened around 11 a.m.  We went into the locker room and got in our suits then went and found the perfect table - near the pool and the bar.  You were SO excited to go swimming!!  The pool was just your size - 2 feet deep at the most, a fountain and a frog slide, it was perfect!  You LOVED the frog slide - can you see why!?!  The third time you were going down it grandma had walked you up the few stairs while I waited in the water for you. It was taking you a second to come down the slide so i peaked up the slide since I couldn't see your feet and um, you were hanging from the top of the slide.  Yeah there was no bar there to hang from you just grabbed where you could and swung back and forth!  It cracked us up.  I didn't see one other child do that all day long!!  You are such a  little monkey!!


Ok this picture is not from the club, but since I didn't get a pic this is the exact same slide  somewhere else in the world!


You went down the frog slide about 637 times.  It brought tears to my eyes to see how happy you were!  You also seemed so grown up to me, going down the slide by yourself and just that you knew everything to do.  We were the first people to be in the pool and that was awesome!  It really wasn't too crowded considering it was a holiday.  There were only a few times during the day you would have to wait a minute to go down the slide.  


I didn't get any pics but we I did take the camcorder, so it's all on video!  And it's super cute!!


Anyway, you had your cute butterfly suit on and your life jacket.  Then there was a big kid slide and pool that you showed interest in, so you and I went over to it.  We swam around and you really are getting good at swimming, kicking your legs and treading water. Then you decided that you wanted to brave the big slide!  Grandma Shelly was following us around, so she walked you up all the stairs to the top of the slide while I waited on the bottom.  As Grandma was yelling down to me "here she comes!"  You came down the slide and got me in the face and we both went under water.  I was not ready for you that fast!!!  Even though we went under and you had water in your eyes you said "again, again!"  So you went down the slide a couple more times!  You were the littlest child I saw go down the slide that day.  Then later I read the sign and it said no on under age 6 and no life jackets - oops!!  We are such rule breakers sometimes. 


We took a couple breaks out of the pool and ate some snacks.  Grandma spoiled us and especially you that day with ice cream. popsicles, drinks and lunch.  There were some ducks in a pond on the other side of the pool, so we fed the mama duck and her two babies some puff snacks that you had.  That entertained us for a few and gave me a break from chasing you around the pool.  


I followed you around ALL DAY.  Even though you were a pro on the kiddie slide and pool I just wanted to make sure that you weren't getting hurt by the bigger kids running around.  I didn't understand there were about 20+ kids and only 3 of us parents around - weird!  There were some cute kids and cool parents around, but not many - we were at a Country Club mind you! Plus I kept reapplying sunscreen on you.  You definitely have your dad's skin and I was so worried about you getting burned!  I was so worried that I didn't even think to put any on me.  i got burnt on my back and shoulders but nothing too bad. 


As mentioned before there was a fire on the mountain near where we were so all day we saw the planes overhead dropping water and fire retardant on the mountain.  At a few times during the day we could see flames, huge flames.  We would all stop what we were doing to watch the fire, it was crazy to be so close and part of the community that it was directly affecting.  There were some somber moments during the day because of it.  


Anyway, daddy and grandpa stopped by the pool to say hi when they were on the turn getting some drinks.  


We were in the pool from 11 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. when the boys were finally done golfing.  You were still going strong and didn't show any signs or stopping!  


Somehow by the grace of God we were able to pull you away from the pool and take you inside where we all ate lunch.  They had a lovely bbq buffet.  You weren't too happy, but you needed to eat something and we all needed a break from the sun.  We put you in a high chair to eat the little that you did then mid-lunch you fell asleep sitting up in your high chair, it was the cutest thing.  You were swaying a little bit from side to side.  You had exhausted yourself babe, but you didn't want to give in.  We got you out of your highchair and handed you to grandma and she cradled you the remainder of our lunch.  


It was such an awesome, awesome day!!  I LOVED watching you smile all day long!  You are easily pleased and I love that about you.  You are always so happy and kind to other people.  we received numerous comments on how adorable you are and how beautiful your eyes and eyelashes are.  I even saw a few people point, smile and talk about you, it's all very flattering to me.  


I know you had a great day and that thrills me!! I love you and want you to have the best life ever!!  


Thanks for giving me the Best 4th of July EVER!!!!


Oh so we made it home about 6ish and you slept for a few more hours while daddy and I went on the back patio and reminisced about our awesome day.  your dad had a great day of golf and did really well. We all had an amazing day!


We woke you up after a couple of hours, ate some snacks and went outside to watch the surrounding fireworks.  There weren't too many since they were banned due to all the fires our beautiful state was having, but we did see a few.


Then we went in the house, relaxed and then went to bed as it was a work day the next day!  The only thing that would have made this day better would have been if it was on a weekend!!


Thanks again for everything!!


Love you!


Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment