Friday, July 13, 2012

Dad Rocks!

Dear Maizy,

I don't feel like I give your dad enough credit or recognition.  You have an amazing father.  There is not anything he wouldn't do for you or me.  The other night when we were at dinner you said "thanks dad!" and he turned to me with teared up eyes and said "She makes my heart swell."  
Not only is daddy an amazing daddy he is always a terrific partner for me.  He loves his girls so much and I never doubt that.  

Your dad is actually a better parent than I.  He is a hundred times more patient, more understanding, more attentive and smarter at parenting.  When you were a baby your dad blew me away with his "baby" knowledge - like how to put your diaper on better, how and what to feed you, how to bathe you - I could go on and on - and he never presented it in a way that he was better than I and that right there is awesome.  He is also very intuitive too.

Your dad just has a big heart. I wonder if it has anything to do with him being born on Valentine's Day!  

Wednesday morning your dad ran to the gas station to get me a coffee and he came back and started filling a grocery bag with food as he is telling me about the homeless guy he just saw at the gas station.  The guy was in the store at the counter asking the cashier if she had any spare food and where the nearest soup kitchen was.  She didn't know and was actually quite rude to him. Anyway, dad filled the grocery bag with left over BBQ ribs, some granola bars, a bag of chips and headed out the door to catch up with the homeless man to give him his next meal.  I thought that was very kind of your father.  He does things like this and it reminds me to be more giving and sharing - I will be honest I do not know how to share! 

Dad and his siblings are all like this.  They would do anything for you. Our family is like that sometimes, but his family is ALWAYS like that and I admire it.

You have a good daddy and we love him.

So on Wednesday night when I got home from work it was hot in the house, so we went up to the bowling alley for dinner and some fun!

We had a blast!!!  We played lots of games and won lots of tickets.  You like to play skeeball, it's the cutest thing ever!!  I saved your tickets so that next time we can get something real cool.  While we were there this little girl won a game and it spit out 1,100 tickets!!  It was cool to see.

Your dad "won" you a green ball out of this game...................


Gosh I love you guys!!

Last night we just hung out at home. I asked you to help me put your toys away in a basket and as you were helping me you were counting the toys in SPANISH!!!  Yes!  You can count to 8 in Spanish - no problem! Grandpa Donker is convinced you are going to be President of the United States.

Well this work day is almost over and our weekend is about to begin - can't wait!!!

Your Aunt Brittany arrives on Monday and I couldn't be happier.  I think she is going to die at how big in personality and smarts you have gotten because frankly, you are still quite small in size. 

Thanks for being so great and easy to love!

Love you!

Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment